TWH Surgery Class

savasana
on 9/7/11 3:47 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
I have some questions regarding the TWH surgery class I have scheduled on October 20th.  I'm referred through the Windsor centre and as such have not been to TWH before.

Will I be told with whom and when I will be having surgery at this class?  Is "meeting the surgeon" a separate appointment?  I've been reading the timelines for folks who go through the entire process at TWH and no one seems to mention this class, just meeting the surgeon.

How many appointments after this class will I likely have before surgery?  I know about having PATTs but I'm curious how many trips I might have to make to Toronto before actually having surgery.

Thank you in advance for any information you have.

Pam
CC1964
on 9/7/11 3:56 am - Lindsay, Canada
TWH requires that you attend a group orientation, appts with the nurse practitioner, social worker, dietitian, psychologist and a group nutrition session. Once you have attended all those appts then you get an appt with the surgeon.I am about half way through my appts and no one has mentioned anything called surgery class. At any point along the above path they might schedule additional appts or tests as the need arises.
Cathie  

Surgery - January 11/12        
savasana
on 9/7/11 10:35 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
Oh I should have been more clear; I've had all of those appts and have the green light from social worker, dietition and bariatric doctor already.

This is apparently a class just before meeting the surgeon though it appears as though only Windsor patients have to do it.  *shrugs*
Manda M.
on 9/7/11 5:22 am
I am going through Windsor and I had my surgery class in Windsor. Are you sure its at TWH and not the Western Campus in Windsor? You should call the centre and confirm.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

savasana
on 9/7/11 10:33 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
You are so right, the class is in Windsor!  I'm glad you made me double check before the actual day!  Regardless though, it is a two hour drive whether I go east or west :-P.

Thank you!
Manda M.
on 9/7/11 10:50 am
Oh good! I knew they changed it to the Western Campus.. I was in one of the last at Met.

Good luck that isn't too far away!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Most Active
Recent Topics