3 months tomorrow!!

tera P.
on 9/19/11 7:53 am - Picton, Canada

So many thing have changed in the last 3 months:)
I have gone from 306lbs  to 244 as of this morning!
My husband And I (we have been together since I was 14 and he was 17), have found puppy love again, not to say that our love was great before,but it's better now if that makes any sense,I think because I am more confident in my own body.
I go on bike rides with the kids , jump on the trampoline,play just dance (wii).
my energy level has doubled or more.
cleaning the house doesn't seem like such a chore :)
my rings are all to big.
I don't measure everything but I've lost 14 inches off my waist and 9 inches off my bust(YES)
I have gone from a size 26-28 to a size 20 in pants and 4x-5x to a 2x in tops, prolly smaller but I like them baggy :)
I take a pic every month and from my first pic in may when I started optifast to today, what a difference , I am totally loving my decision to have this done, it is the best thing I have ever done for myself . I feel I have been given life , and I will never take it for granted :)

HUGE NEWS: going to College for Medical Office Admin, I would have never done this before .

I love reading everyone progress and even though I rarely post , this site has been a blessing for me and I am very Thankful everyday.
Cheer,
Tera

referral: October 2010, Orientation: Feb 14, Surgeon: March 18
SW, bypass class,dietician:April 29, pre op / surgeon May24 Surgery JUNE 20

LuAnne H.
on 9/19/11 7:58 am - London, Canada
Amazing!!!!  You inspire me,  Congrats on going back to school and the rest of your brand new life!

Lu

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
Brenda T.
on 9/19/11 8:46 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That is great Tera!! You should be proud of yourself.
On a side note, I grew up in Picton.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

tera P.
on 9/20/11 4:09 am - Picton, Canada
Thanks Brenda:) where in Picton did you live ?

Leslie W.
on 9/19/11 9:16 am - Cobourg, Canada
Tera you are an inspiration. I have my surgery in 3 weeks and I love to read these success stories. Fantastic!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
tera P.
on 9/20/11 4:10 am - Picton, Canada
Thanks Tracy Good Luck on your Surger date , This whole Journey is amazing :)

MS Miller
on 9/19/11 9:46 am - Nepean, Canada
Way to go Tera, you rock, great to see your success, keep it up, may I have your success.

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Megan M.
on 9/19/11 10:59 am - Canada
I just love hearing how confident people become after surgery and the loss of a chunk of chubbiness.  Strong and confident, that's what we are.  If we can handle everything that this process has thrown at us, we can handle ANYTHING!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

sam1am
on 9/19/11 12:04 pm
 Great post Tera!  I love NSV's! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Ladybug3
on 9/20/11 12:26 am
Wow! Thank you so much for your post Tera! My son just asked me a couple of days ago, "Mom, when are you going to come on the trampoline?" I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and just while I'm finding it a little challenging to get all the protein and chewables in, your post has just made my day!
I also like your idea of taking a pic every month! I'm a big scrap booker but never liked to take pictures of myself (always scrapbooking my kids' events). I may even consider scrapping this journey of mine....it could be a great reminder of how far I've come someday... :)