looking for someone who has had Gastric Plication

islandqueen38
on 9/26/11 6:05 am
I had mysurgery  in Feb. would like to talk to others who have had this WLS.  Kind of lonely when no one to compare with.  Had my surgery in Montreal QC. Canada.  Doris QC.

sueberman
on 9/26/11 6:08 am
Does that mean you had the sleeve?  Yes there are others here who have had it, the majority, although not all, of us have had the RNY.  Welcome and jump right in.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Karen M.
on 9/26/11 6:12 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hey Doris,

Good to see you posting!  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else who has had plication, other than you. Sorry! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

islandqueen38
on 9/26/11 6:24 am
I was the first one to have it in Quebec.  Would be nice to have someone to compare notes with. thanks for answering.  Sleeve is different.  Doris QC.

Karen M.
on 9/26/11 10:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I *think* I have seen a few on the VSG board ocassionally.  Perhaps ask over there?  Since more people seem to be having plication, it may make sense for OH to open a new forum for those patients.  You could always email OH and ask anyway.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Eileen C.
on 9/26/11 8:26 am, edited 9/26/11 8:27 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi

Checked out procedure thru website as follows:

Plication:

About the Procedure

When we perform GPS weight loss surgery in Texas, we reduce the stomach volume by imbricating (overlapping) and stitching (known as plicating) the wall of the stomach. This process reduces the volume of your stomach to the shape of a slender tube. Although it is similar to the vertical sleeve gastrectomy procedure, GPS avoids the need for cutting or stapling your stoma*****ontrast, we keep your natural stomach intact. However, to facilitate dramatic weight loss, we overlap your stomach on itself, reducing the amount of food that you can consume.

Because you are an informed, smart patient, you’ve probably researched your weight loss surgery options. And you may have read that the latest advances in this type of surgery include total sleeve plication, gastric imbrication, and greater curvature plication. These are other terms for GPS, which many experienced bariatric surgeons regard as one of the most exciting new techniques available for patients who want to lose a significant amount of weight. Like all other weight loss procedures before, it is considered to be investigational at this point.

How You Can Benefit

Medical studies show that the amount of weight patients lose with GPS equals that of the vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Most patients need to stay only a few nights in the hospital, and patients usually can enjoy their regular routines about a week after surgery.

Additional GPS benefits:

• After your surgery, you can enjoy smaller amounts of food yet feel just as satisfied as if you’d eaten a complete meal.
  • GPS does not result in malabsorption, and you will not require a port or adjustments following surgery.
Did not know the procedure so wanted to get the info,

Unfortunately, don't know anyone that has had the procedure

Good luck and take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
islandqueen38
on 9/26/11 8:43 am
Thanks Eileen will pass on info.  Now I need a buddy.  Doris QC.

Eileen C.
on 9/26/11 9:04 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Doris 

Good luck with getting a buddy that had the same surgery.

Possibly your surgeron's office will have another patient, and with the patients permission, may be

able to get you both together, by way of phone or email, in order to support each other, just a thought

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Nathalie_Can
on 9/26/11 8:58 am
I'm just throwing it out there cuz you probably have but did you try checking the Quebec threads?

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

islandqueen38
on 9/26/11 9:43 am
Yes I have been with them for months but no one has had plication.  Doris QC.

Most Active
Recent Topics