Finally gave in a went shopping

Megan M.
on 10/1/11 5:29 am - Canada
I have no work pants left that fit - everything is flapping in the butt and thighs like old man pants.  So I bought size 18 at Reitman's, size 18 at Penningtons, and . . . drum roll, please . . . size 16 at Sears.  I'm taking the Penningtons stuff back b/c I really don't need it.  The stuff at Sears is very tight, but I can feel the give in the fabric, so after an hour it'll be fine.  And everything was 50% off the lowest price, so I got pants for between 8 & 15 bucks!  So I'll return the $100+ to Penningtons.  Hopefully these will last me until Christmas - I think the level of tightness is good for 20 pounds!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Moselle
on 10/1/11 5:40 am - Athens, Canada

I will be surprized if you can wear the same size for 2 months. It's been my experience that every 20 lbs is a size in the 20's but every 10 lbs is a size in the 10's.  I'm so used to wearing loose fitting clothes that everyone is now telling me that the pants that I think look fine are really too big.  It's hard to get used to wearing clothes that actually fit your body. 

It's definitely exciting to be buying "regular" sizes. I'm wearing a size 12 now but actually bought a pair of size 10's that the saleswoman and my sister assured me fit correctly. 

Enjoy your success!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Monica M.
on 10/1/11 7:25 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
its so weird, getting used to things that fit close to my body. IN the past, clothes touching my body and tight pants meant that i was gaining weight.

AllaP
on 10/1/11 6:20 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I hope it won't last you till Christmas lol.
Megan M.
on 10/1/11 6:46 am - Canada
I'm just thankful I was able to find some pants that were cheap cheap!!  Because I'm basically cheap cheap!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

StevesGal
on 10/1/11 6:59 am - Hamilton, Canada
I'm doing my pants shopping at ValVil or Talize (I'm still finding lots of tops at home that fit).  I've gotten 3 pairs of pants for less than $30 on average.  And at Talize, if you get a points card, you get 1 pt/1 cent you spend.  When you get to 10,000 points, you get $1.00 off.  Doesn't sound like much, but with all the smaller sizes I'll be needing in the coming months, a buck's a buck! 

Sales Rack

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

stewartjackie
on 10/1/11 8:24 am - Pickering, Canada
Megan, I didn't recognize you, that must be a new picture, wow good for you!

Megan M.
on 10/1/11 9:56 am - Canada
We have a VV here in Thunder Bay, but I've never heard of Talize.  I was considering going there today, but when I hit the jackpot at Sears, I didn't bother.  But I could use another pair of black pants, and navy, so I might end up there this week.

Radiogirl39
on 10/2/11 6:14 am - Canada
Megan,  you are doing awesome! If you are in 16's and 18's, why not shop at WalMart?  Get pants for $12 - $28 (depending on how good a sale you find) and you won't feel too bad when they don't fit in a month and you need another pair or two.  That's going to be my game plan.  And I can hardly wait!  I just spent my last $100 at Penningtons as I had to give in and buy a pair of jeans (and a couple of tops) 1 size up.  Pants from last year don't fit.  They are really nice there, but I will be glad to never have to go back.

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics