headache on Optifast?

Sirene
on 10/6/11 11:37 pm - Ottawa, Canada
So.... yesterday was not only day 1 of optifast but also day 1 of my cycle. For the record, yesterday SUCKED!!!! LOL!!

I messed up one of my shakes by trying to make it more interesting using SF koolaid....omg what a horrible mistake! I gagged it down but I will NEVER try that again!

I drank about 2L of water yesterday, a couple of decaf coffees and some fat free broth around midday as well....

Now my question is, I have this pounding headache that started yesterday afternoon and despite taking tylenol (twice) it hasnt subsided. I dont usually get headaches; only when I am dehydrated.
Is it possible to be a bit dehydrated on an all liquid diet??

Is it maybe just because I am friggin starving???? Maybe because of my stupid period?? (come on menopause!)

It's not really bad enough for me to be terribly concerned about it, just wondering if anyone else experienced this headaches the first few days.

Jennifer  

Monica M.
on 10/6/11 11:43 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yessssssssssssssssss.. huge headache. Carb withdrawl, caffeine withdrawl....

not likely dehydrated, but how much fluid are you getting besides the opti?

Sirene
on 10/7/11 6:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
Monica: about 2L of water yesterday and a couple of decaf coffees, but today I am trying for 3L to see if it makes a difference. So far, it hasnt :(

Jennifer  

charm64
on 10/7/11 12:11 am - Cambridge, Canada
Totally had headaches!  Just keep doing what your doing.  Keep drinking water and the opti. 
The headaches will go away.
Your going to do great!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Sirene
on 10/7/11 6:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for the words of encouragement Char! :)

Jennifer  

Jonathin
on 10/7/11 12:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
Yep! Had the worst migraines fire the first 3 to 4 days as well a digestive issues. I solved the latter with a teaspoon of benefice in every shake. For the headaches I took Excedrin migraine - my last time relying on it since its an nsaid.

Good luck! Hope they go away soon!

GP / Paperwork: Dec 2009    Referral: Apr 15, 2010   Received Letter: Feb 1, 2011
Info Session: Feb 4, 2011   Nurse Appt: Mar 7, 2011  Diet/Nut Appt: Mar 29, 2011
Pulmonary Test: Apr 1, 2011
CPAP Appt: May 17, 2011  Surgery Class: Jun 8, 2011  
Meet Surgeon: Jun 9, 2011   Pre-Op Mtg: Jul 11, 2011 Start Optifast: Jul 13, 2011
Surgery Date #1: Aug 3, 2011 (cancelled Jul 19)      Endoscopy: Sep 9, 2011
Start Optifast #2: Sep 14, 2011                      Surgery Date #2: Oct 5, 2011
Monica M.
on 10/7/11 12:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
HIJACK - hey brother, how you doing?????

Sirene
on 10/7/11 6:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks honey! Sorry I missed you the other day!!! Did you get what I left for you??

Jennifer  

carla427
on 10/7/11 12:23 am - Canada
 Hi Jennifer

I had a few headaches too but not too bad.  I am on day 6 now and I still find it hard at night time to want to eat!  This is really hard isnt it!  I did the thing with the koolaid too and had the same problem until I bought a small mixer. I got it at walmart. It is great. It is from hamilton beach and I use it with water, ice and pure vanilla extract. It actually tastes not bad now. I am so glad I tried the vanilla, it made a huge difference for me. It seems to take the chalky taste away. I use quite a bit of vanilla in each shake, about 1 - 2 tablespoons.

I am glad to have found this website, it helps to be able to vent!

All the best

Carla
Sirene
on 10/7/11 6:37 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Carla.
yes this website is an invaluable tool that if I hadn't found, I dont think I would be half as ready to DO THIS as I am right now :)

Jennifer  

Most Active
Recent Topics