a sad day....

mz_campbell
on 10/17/11 2:22 pm
hey everyone well....today is a sad day and i know i shouldnt get upset but im so upset i was supposed to go to my surgeons appointment tomorrow so excited!! and this morning the phone rang and it was krista from st joes usually when i hear her voice im so happy lol but.....she said she had to reschedule my appointment i said ok thinking just a few days but nope...she said nov 8th my heart just sank all i could say was whoa! she said she would call me in the mean time if anything came up but i think she said that to make me feel better i just said i understand and let her go but right after i couldnt help but cry all day now i have been crying like i cant control my emotions i know 3 weeks isnt along time i just keep thinking about it and crying im a mess lol any words of encouragement or if this has happened to anyone im sure it has please comment i just needed to vent and this is so hard im usually not emotional but i couldnt help it all day :( the biggest problem is i know they said we are supposed to take the time off but im on mat leave and i have t go back to work the end of dec so i was hopeing and prayng i could get it done before then i dont think thats going to happen now :( thanks for letting me vent i wish i didnt feel like this!
gods_girl67
on 10/17/11 2:37 pm - Wasaga Beach, Canada
RNY on 03/27/12
I'm so sorry that happened. I'd be so disappointed too. I hope you feel better soon.

referral: aug 2011; general orientation: Sept 26, 2011; surgeon appt: Oct 5, 2011;
GB Class: Oct 18, 2011; SW & RN: Oct 20, 2011; Dietitian: Nov 14, 2011;
Dietitian: Jan 9, 2012; Surgeon appt: Feb 2, 2012; Optifast start: Mar 6, 2012
Surgery Date: Mar 27, 2012
mz_campbell
on 10/17/11 2:48 pm
Thanks I don't know why I'm so upset I know I have to be understanding I'm just so upset I keep telling myself it's only three weeks but emotionally it just got to me I was so excited for tomorrow maybe that's why oh well I'm sure I'll look back at this and laugh but in the meantime ugh I hate feeling so emotional! I kept saying I shouldn't have answered the phone just went lol 
stewartjackie
on 10/17/11 8:56 pm - Pickering, Canada
I think it is your emotions in overdrive, and perhaps hormones since you mentioned your mat. leave. I know with me I had reached the "end" with my weight and the wls was going to give me a new start, so it isn't just a dr's appointment, it is the beginning of you being able to do all sorts of things with your little one...not to worry, the time will fly by and maybe even the delay will be better for you (although right now it might now seem that way)
jackie

Megan M.
on 10/17/11 8:59 pm - Canada
This would make me really sad as well, but you have to think about what might be the reason.  Perhaps something tragic has happened in the surgeon's life that he requires time off - if you think that way, then you're still sad, but more understanding.  Obviously there's many people who are being rescheduled, so you're not alone in that.  Stay strong - 3 weeks isn't that bad, as you said - and everything happens for a reason that you might not understand or be aware of.  It'll all work out for the better.  Take care, chin up, and carry on.  That new little one will surely help you pass the time!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Rachel O.
on 10/17/11 9:30 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
 sorry to hear that.  Think of it this way you have an extra 3 weeks but getting things in order. You have time to pick up your little one and play. 

Don't worry about going back to work in Dec....Even though your on mat leave you still have your vac from the year. They have to give you your vac....trust me it's the law.  Not only that but depending on what you do they may assist you with "short shifts"  Modify duty's...

Just keep your head up....keep doing what your doing and remember it's not a race, it's your life.
Brenda T.
on 10/17/11 10:39 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I don't blame you for feeling sad, I would too. There is a good chance you could have your surgery in Nov or early Dec still, you might start OF the day after your appointment.
Thinking of you and keep your chin up.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

MrsJButler
on 10/17/11 11:11 pm - Canada
Keep your chin up hun Krista is very good at her job so you may get an earlier date if there is one. Good luck!
Leslie W.
on 10/17/11 11:32 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Your emotion is certainly understandable. This whole process is an enotional rollercoster and when we get the surgeon date it brings us so close. I"m still wondering what happened to June so these next weeks will go by fast.

Give your baby a cuddle and the 8th will be here before you know it.
Take care Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
TraceyM45
on 10/18/11 12:59 am
I know it's hard I had this happen to me in September and was rescheduled for a couple of weeks later, nice thing was the day after I went to my surgical consent appointment they called with my date and I started optifast 2 days after the call. 

Keep your chin up, good things are coming. 

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics