6 months post op TODAY !!!!

Smiley_sandy
on 11/4/11 12:57 pm - Belleville, Canada
I can't believe it's been 6 month since I walked into the OR at HRRH today. It has gone so fast with many NSV, support from family, friends and this board. The scale has never been kinder, I have lost 80 lbs and feel like a million bucks! So today, I booked a little getaway with a good friend of mine. We're going to Cuba!! For 5 days. No kids, husband, or boyfriends. This will be the first time I travel without my hubby and kids. I am not to worried about making the right food choices. I still haven't had any alcohol but don't really miss it.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!! and for those still waiting, hang on, good thing come to those who wait

Time to go shopping for a new bathing suit! God help me!!!
Have a good weekend....Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Jennifer D.
on 11/4/11 1:04 pm
Way to rock your RNY Sandy! You deserve to reward yourself with some nice warm sun and sand in Cuba...mmm...sun..... : )
northernlight
on 11/4/11 2:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh Sandy - what a happy post! I can feel your joy and excitement right through cuberspace - LOL!  Enjoy every bit of it - you have earned it and what a nice way to reward yourself!  Sun, sand and warm waters for 5 days with only yourself to please - ahhhhh! Now, pick out a killer bathing suit - remember that we expect to see pictures when you return !!!! 

Deb

Marny B.
on 11/4/11 3:34 pm, edited 11/4/11 3:34 am - Canada
Wow! You are doing great! What a fun reward. Rock your new suit just like you are rocking your surgery and have a blast!!! Bon Voyage!!!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

JJ_
on 11/4/11 6:26 pm
 Congratulations Sandy.  You have done marvelously.  

Safe travels and enjoy the getaway 

Judy
Kelshy
on 11/4/11 8:34 pm - Cannifton, Canada

Enjoy it .... isn't life grand??

I had to buy a new bathing suit a few weeks ago. The Walmart is pretty much done with those for the season. So off I go to Quinte Mall and nervously I went into Bikini Bay. 

Well I couldn't even begin to imagine that I would find anything would fit in there. But I did ... Ok the salesgirl did and she was awesome! I told her I had lost eighty pounds and didn't know my size or fit and she really helped find some good options

I settled with a great tankini with a comfortable underwire and good side coverage for the girls. For bottoms I bought a skirted piece. Both look great and hold in any subversive jiggles!

So when I paid for them she says ... That will do for now ... come back when you need a new one and we'll get you into a real bikini!! LOL

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

Wendy E.
on 11/4/11 11:12 pm - Gananoque, Canada
That is great news Sandy. 6 months for me also. Enjoy your trip.

Wendy E
Smiley_sandy
on 11/5/11 8:49 am - Belleville, Canada
Thanks Wendy! How are you doing? I haven't heard from you in awhile . Hope you are enjoying this ride we are on.
It truly is amazing how fast time flys and how our bodies change

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 11/4/11 11:23 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
Congrats Sandy. All you hard work has obviously paid off. I am having my surgery on Wed the 16th with Dr.Sohi as well. Hopefully I can loook back in six months and be a super success like you!
Cher

charm64
on 11/5/11 12:33 am - Cambridge, Canada
Way to Go!  Congratulations on all your success!
Have an amazing trip.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics