How are all the new bench sitters feeling?

Brenda T.
on 11/7/11 2:01 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Just wondering how all the new wls patience are feeling?  Update how things are going for you, would love to hear.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

monique_lite2b
on 11/7/11 2:28 am - North Bay, Canada
Hi Brenda!  You are such a cheerleader on here.  We are  very lucky to have you.  It will be so nice when everything starts happening for you too.  I had my surgery on November 1st and I can't believe I'm feeling as good as I do.  I'm still not overdoing it but I haven't had any pain since the second day out!  The only problem I'm having is getting all the protein in.  Everyday I'm working on it because I know how important it is.  Other than that I'm just relaxing and sipping on water and getting all my supplements in.  It's a really busy day!!  lol I will be looking forward to watching as you get closer to.  Thanks for caring!
Monique

Referral - Sept.23.2010, Orientation - June 8.2010, Nurse&S.W. -  July 28.2011, Nutrition Class -    Aug.2.2011, Nutritionist -  Sept.13.2011, Psych - Sept.15.2011, Surgeon -  Oct.21.2011, Surgery - November 1, 2011.                        
Brenda T.
on 11/7/11 4:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Monique you sound like you are doing very well.  Good for you and I'm so happy to hear you aren't having any pain!! 

You will rock your tool (sounds perverted but you know what I mean) lol

Thanks for the kind words, I will be very happy when things start moving for me too.  I think of it 24/7 and am making changes now to help for after.

Keep us up todate.  Thanks for sharing.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Peel1234
on 11/7/11 4:44 am
Day by Day each day does get better.  Plan your living space:  like where is the bathroom in relation to kitchen, sitting area, TV you may need to move things around.  My surgery was complicated which I wasn't expecting but it's ok.  I find stairs hard.  It's funny when people ask how are you doing I often think well I'm voiding, stooling, drinking and getting around.  I can hardly wait till someone asks and my first thought is fantastic I went walking, swimming or even dancing.  I'm only 7 days out so my story wil change. 

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 5:00 am - Toronto, Canada
I will need to climb the stairs everytime I need to use the bathroom during the day since we only have one bathroom in our house and its upstairs.  do you think this will be a problem?
JennR
on 11/7/11 6:14 am
You will have no problems climbing stairs. Most people have very little pain on discharge from the hospital and even those who do have some pain (like me) have no issues with stair climbing.

Brenda T.
on 11/7/11 7:32 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm so glad each day is getting better and you are getting the rest you need.  Thanks for sharing.

JennR
on 11/7/11 6:13 am
I had my surgery on October 21st and feeling much better the past couple of days. I was still having a lot of muscular pain from the incisions but a few days of regular doses of Tylenol really helped. It is still tender but nothing like what it was. Have no problem getting my protein and fluids in. I'm on the full fluid stage and find myself somewhat reluctant to try new things because everything has to be low fat or with artificial sweeteners which I hate. I'm almost preferring not to eat than have stuff that I am not going to enjoy but still I have to start getting used to food again so am forcing myself to have low fat cream soups (if anyone knows a brand that tastes good would love to hear!) and yogurt (which I do like but not with artificial sweeteners, have to buy some just plain yogurt instead of flavored). It is not that I don't enjoy low fat foods but I would prefer them to be natural and not loaded up with chemicals which I don't really like. I cannot stand the taste of aspartame or sucralose so it makes it kind of difficult but I'll manage to find food that I am able to eat.

Brenda T.
on 11/7/11 7:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That's great you are feeling so much better and that you are getting all your protein in.  I'm confident you will do great with your food choices when you get to that stage.  Thanks for sharing.

Sirene
on 11/7/11 6:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
I had my surgery on October 20, and had a very rough first week out, needing to be on my feet for hours on end just a few days out of surgery.

I felt pretty good last week but then suddenly have been having a lot of pain in my left side since about Wednesday. I may have overdone things a bit since I was up on a ladder re-plastering the ceiling in order to show my house to sell!!! (it's sold by the way)

I feel fine otherwise though! I have no low-energy issues and am able to tolerate most things I have tried (spaghetti sauce the only exception so far).

I am on the pureed stage, heading into the soft foods stage. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food and actually resorted to buying some baby food meats. They are actually quite good! The frozen all-natural organic kind, not the kind in a jar!

I have been very lucky to not have experienced the foamies or any vomiting (knock on wood). I am still having a bit of trouble remembering all my vitamins; I sometimes forget the afternoon calcium. I am getting my protein in, thanks to Costco shakes and have no problem with fluids. I can't drink anything cold though, it gives me an instant stomach cramp.

The pain in my side has hindered my walking as much as I would like to though, so I only hope that it gets better in time for me to go back to work in 2 weeks!

Jennifer  

Most Active
Recent Topics