What appointments are needed at TWH?

Brenda T.
on 11/17/11 10:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Good evening all, just wondering for those who have gone thru or going thru TWH, how many appointments are there to go thru before surgery?  I have already had the sleep study.

I'm so excited about my journey!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Lynette1962
on 11/17/11 10:07 am - Whitby, Canada
orientation, nurse, SW, dietation, nutrition class, psychologist or psychiatrist + any other testing they may require....then the team meets to discuss your file .....then the surgeon....
Let us know how it goes........

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

PatXYZ
on 11/17/11 10:07 am
Orientation
Nurse Practitioner
Social Worker
Nutrition Class
Dietician one-on-one
Psychiatrist/Psychologist
Surgeon

These are the basics. It's possible you may need to see one of the profesionals more than once and it's possible you may be asked to go for other tests, most commonly the sleep test (which you've done), an internist or a heart stress test.
Heidi S.
on 11/17/11 10:15 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 The list that others gave you no long have to be done in order. I found that out today when I was talking with Patrice. I have my nurse's appointment via telehealth since I live so far away, that's on December 20th. I then fly to Toronto for the Nutritionalist Class and hopefully the Dietian on the same day. While I'm at TWH Patrice told me to book the next two appointments for telehealth (SW and Psych). I had my orientation September 6th. I hope that helps you.
Good Luck
Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Manda M.
on 11/17/11 12:06 pm
I couldn't imagine having to fly for my appointments. I went to today for my 1 month follow up (9 days early) in Windsor and I was the only person from Windsor. I live 4 mins by car from my assessment centre.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Heidi S.
on 11/17/11 12:12 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 You're so lucky I have an almost 2 hour flight or a 10 hour car ride. 
Hope your 1 month appointment went well.
All the best
Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Brenda T.
on 11/17/11 9:18 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thank you everyone.
I am so thankful I won't have to fly to my appointments.... but the 401 does fly sometimes. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Brenda T.
on 11/17/11 9:20 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh and there would be a surgery class at some point isn't there?

CC1964
on 11/17/11 9:45 pm - Lindsay, Canada

Brenda, at TWH there are only two group sessions. The initial orientation and then the group nutrition class.

Cathie  

Surgery - January 11/12        
Brenda T.
on 11/17/11 9:58 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So there is no surgery class thing?  even one on one?  Except for the surgeon?
Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics