OT - video will break your heart

joanne_1970
on 12/4/11 1:40 am - Harriston, Canada
I just saw a kids video on youtube about being bullied and im still crying.  This kid will break your heart and you just want to grab and hug him.
What is wrong with people?

http://youtu.be/TdkNn3Ei-Lg

ashleighsmom
on 12/4/11 3:14 am
we had an 11 year year old on the first day he was to start grade 6 in our town kill himself due to bullying it was so sad my daughter also a sixth grader cried when she read the artical she was so moved that she took it to school to share with her class (she is also on hte anti bullying committee at school it is such a huge issue she herself had been bullied ( I took care of that quickly)
Jan              2.8 pounds below goal  
joanne_1970
on 12/4/11 3:21 am - Harriston, Canada
I remember some kids being picked on a bit when I was in school but I don't know was it just not that bad or worse did I just not see it?

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 7:55 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
its a very sad one..I saw it this morning posted on a friends facebook page...hopefully kids can learn from it... unfortunately people can be cruel at times and alot of the times its too late and those bullied have already taken drastic action on themselves
straberryz
on 12/4/11 10:02 am - Ottawa, Canada
Awww :( This kinda thing makes me really angry and sad all at once. I think ppl need to stop bandaging the problem, and figure out why these kids are bullying, so it can stop. I also think that schools should be more strict when it does happen. Poor guy, I was bullied about my weight in gr 8, I would get moo'd of the public bus filled with kids from my school, I changed schools....strange ...thats what the schools answer to the problem!!!   I feel his pain.

And also I think every parent and teacher should be aware of suicidal signs. losing your 11yr old to suicide is just unthinkable to me, I would be devestated. parents, educators, and families need to be educated, because suicide can be prevented :)
on_my_way2011
on 12/4/11 10:23 am - Canada
I don't have all the details yet, but I just heard that a 13 year old formerly of my community (moved a year or two ago) committed suicide on Thursday or Friday.  Incredibly sad. 

I was bullied terribly when I was in school.  I know some of my former bullies today and I think they would be shocked if I told them how horribly they hurt me (they aren't friends, just still live and work in the same community as me)...they have no clue what an impact their words and actions had.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Most Active
Recent Topics