Help!! I'm so lost

mz_campbell
on 12/6/11 9:56 am
I need some help guys so I was supposed to have my surgery dec 5th it got cancelled last second, but surgery is dec 28th and if they try and cancel it again I'm coming after someone lol.  so 3 more weeks they told me to go back to eating and I'm friggin terrified to. I haven't ate anything yesterday or today because I'm scared I don't know what to eat. krista said light food fat free sugar free I'm so lost this was a big shock and I don't know what to eat :( please someone help !!
Moselle
on 12/6/11 10:05 am - Athens, Canada
You certainly need to eat; the last thing you want to do is make yourself sick.  I would suggest that you have something like soup or a salad and then just  call them back in the morning and ask for a more specific diet plan if you need/want one.  I wouldn't worry too much because in the states they only had to do fluids for about 3 days prior to surgery and no Optifast and they managed.

I'm guessing that they just don't want to you go on a food binge and undo all the good that you did while on Optifast.
PatXYZ
on 12/6/11 10:11 am
I'm sorry this has happened to you. But I'm sure it won't happen again. I remember someone else posting after her surgery got canceled that on the 2nd surgery date she was told that if there were any emergencies and someones surgery needed to be canceled that someone else would get bumped, not her again. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!

As for food, do some research into the Atkins diet induction phase. This is a sugar free diet that focuses on protein. You can have non-carby vegetables (pretty much anything other than potatoes, turnip, cooked carrots, peas, corn, beets and squash), any kind of meat, fish, shell fish and poultry you want, modest amounts of nuts and cheese, eggs and greek yogurt, and low carb protein bars will give you a treat if you need a little something... and I'm sure there are lots of other things. Just avoid carbs and anything sweet (other than artificial sweetners) and you'll do great.
JJ_
on 12/6/11 10:13 am
I agree with Muriel.  Eat light tonight and call the dietitian back tomorrow and ask for more specific direction.

Have you never attended Weigh****chers or any other weight loss programs?

Judy
mz_campbell
on 12/6/11 10:15 am
Thank you I guess she just said like the diet for life plan but I just can't think of what to put together I think I'm just stressed I worked so hard on optifast I was so positive then nervous built the courage sat for 3 hours nerve wreaking hours got my hospital braclet and gown waited and waited then it felt like a big slap in the face and I'm scared to go back to eating I know I'll figure it out I'm just feeling down .
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 10:54 am - Guelph, Canada
 SF Jello
sodium reduced broths
salads and fruits
lean protein 
water and lots of it
Greek yogurt

look at your diet post op... and go from there... I would stick to whats within the first few weeks... low - NO refined carbs... no bread, muffins, pasta, ect.... I know fruits and veggies have carbs in them but they are still high in fiber and you dont want to get bunged up... 

mz_campbell
on 12/6/11 11:00 am
Thank you everyone you guys always help me when I feel stuck and yes I did weigh****chers but it was more in my head feeling omg I have to start over
Karen M.
on 12/6/11 9:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada
No problem - I did this pre-surgery and had no issues.

Eat very high protein, low/no fat and low/no carbs.  It's really pretty simple.  Each meal for me consisted of dense protein and salad mostly.  NO bread, pasta, rice, crackers, etc. NONE.

If you find yourself hungry, eat sugar free jello, more salad greens, or a high quality protein shake.  I highly recommend those Premier shakes you got samples of.

NO sweets, NO extra fats, NO bread, rice, pasta, crackers, etc. 

You will do JUST fine and I'll bet you won't even be hungry.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mz_campbell
on 12/6/11 9:24 pm
Ah thank you Karen you always make things not seem so bad *huggz*
Karen M.
on 12/6/11 9:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada
No problem - come post in the "what are you eating" thread until surgery - I can help you easier that way.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics