Does anybody know....? (northern ont. travel grants)

Derek C.
on 12/14/11 11:14 am - North Bay , Canada
we claim every trip and especially surgery trip as you are probably three or four days that is not covered by the ohip grant, our income tax this year will be comprised of many many trips as both My wife and i traveled

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

swagger
on 12/14/11 1:10 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
If you don't claim it, I'd make sure you have all your travel receipts and expenses in case it comes back to bite you. RAWR! We won't have to worry about this until 2013 tax season anyways hun.

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

Heidi S.
on 2/9/12 2:53 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Hi Toni,
I just got off the phone with Revenue Canada. You DO NOT claim your grant as an income you deduct that amount from your medical expenses because as I said before and Revenue Canada verified it, it is NOT an income but a reimbursement of your expenses therefore you should not show it any where as any type of income. I hope that helps you if you have other questions here is the phone number and the answer that calls quickly and very helpful 1-800-959-8281.

Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/12 3:03 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Heidi, read the whole thread and you'll see where I clarified it to her exactly like CRA just told you.
Most Active
Recent Topics