One week appointment with PCP

Penny85
on 12/22/11 5:54 am - Guelph, Canada
Just got back from seeing my PCP.  I got my coverings removed and all my incisions look good, one looks a little wonky, but it doesn't concern him.  I got my prescription for my B12 shots, which I will be going to see his nurse every month to get.  I also talked to him about the major gas I've been having that I can't seem to get rid of.  He suggested Oval, something for babies with colic.  He said if it works for babies, then it should work for me!

And the big thing, I found out how much I lost since surgery!  I don't have a scale at home, so this was the first time I weighed myself post-surgery.  On surgery day I weighed 283.8lbs. today I weighed 275lbs!  I lost 8.8 lbs!  It sounds kind of low to me, but never before could I EVER dream of losing that much weight in just one week! 

I can't wait to see how much I'll weigh when I go for my one month appointment with my surgeon!

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

Monica M.
on 12/22/11 6:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
awesome!!! you're doing so well

have you tried Gas x strips? works for some people.

birdiegirl
on 12/22/11 6:16 am

Great weight loss Penny....especially so soon after surgery as there is usually a little gain immediately post wls with all the air they pump into you...

Glad you have your pcp involved....first line of defence

Walking will help the gas....try and go a few steps longer each day

You wont recognize yourself this time next year....good luck

Barb

Brenda T.
on 12/22/11 9:33 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Way to go for a week out!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.