What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Karen W.
on 12/29/11 10:02 pm - Canada
Good morning!

I had hoped to sleep in (which means staying in bed until 8 am) but was woken up around 6:30 by kids laughing; not a bad way to wake up!  My son had a sleepover last night, and the boys were absolutely silly this morning.

I have a friend coming in from Toronto today.  We'll be hanging around, getting caught up and drinking too much coffee all day, then might go out with friends after dinner.

B - egg, 1/2 oz old cheddar, tiny bit of ham, 1/4 English muffin, tomato slice
S - milky decaf tea, probably x 2
L - chicken, salad w/ LF dressing
S - super mini oranges, turkey pepperette; decaf coffee (probably several)
D - Caesar salad (LF dressing), 1/4 C ww spaghetti, meat sauce
S - 1/2 protein bar

Have a great day, everyone!

RNY April 11, 2011       

birdiegirl
on 12/29/11 10:38 pm
Morning Karen

I agree what a great way to wake up!!

I am heading to Huntsville this morning for a few days over New Years....will be off line ....its nice to have a break from electonics!!

B - muffin

l - on the road....hopefully some soup

s - protein shake

d - out - eating out for the next 4 days.....but am bringing a few premier protein shakes so at least my breakfast will be good....so protein and veg of some sort for dinner

s - wine

Have a great one....and happy new year to all

Barb

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 10:51 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I don't mind waking up to kids giggling either.  I have laundry to do today and make my grocery list.  Am going later this afternoon and will make an evening out of it and go out for dinner as well.  Will most likely make a few appetizers for tomorrow night when we get back from dinner.

B - cheese, crackers and pickles

S - protein shake

L - leftover turkey dinner and all the fixings

S - 2 cutie oranges

D - going to Montana's , think  I will try the steak salad, no clue what their name is for it but it looked good last time I was there

Karen M.
on 12/29/11 11:12 pm, edited 12/29/11 11:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You mean the Southwest Salad? Sounds to die for I'd be ordering that too. For those in Mississauga, the Crooked Cue in Port Credit make the *best* steak salad I've ever eaten. *drool*

Today? Who the heck knows what I'm doing LOL Laaaaaazy day.

B - coffee with mlik x several, just realized that my shrimp in thawed. shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp!
S - egg bite
L - sad that all my shawarma is gone. I guess I'll make tuna. Or devilled eggs
S- bengal spice fog
D - hmmmm... have to raid the feeezer and will let you know!

Have a good one :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 11:17 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
The Crooked Cue in PC makes a really good goat cheese salad as well.  I think it's called Southwest at Montana's.  It looks very good to me but they can keep the deep fried tortilla strips.

Catw
on 12/29/11 11:25 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Kids, don't they always ruin our chances to sleep in?  Although my DH has been able to sleep in this week, the kids have been up late enough that they sleep in.  Not sure what's up today, Quiet day, going to be a long one.  DH is taking my oldest son to his first Sens game tonight.  Not sure if they are eating at home, or there.  I'll be home with my youngest though.

B - cheese strings & raisons
S - Almonds
L - turkey salad sandwich (hold the bread), yogurt
S - oranges
D - Not sure, see what the boys have planned first, then decide.
S - depends on what I'm doing when.

Have a great day, and if I'm not on tomorrow, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Cathy

CanDoItFour
on 12/30/11 12:01 am - Canada
Morning All!

Today is "getting back on track day" for me. 
My daughter has just left for 7 months and I have found myself feeling a little rocky in the evenings, so I've been snacking on her Christmas goodies leftovers (baked potato chips, sugar free gummies, gluten free granola - ie BAD FOOD given my norm!!!).  What an incredibly stupid way to feel closer - bah!  She'd be horrified.
Well, they went in the garbage this AM, and I am going to clean up my act today AND stay out of the kitchen tonight.

B - protein shake
S - decaf coffee + milk
L - greek yogurt with Bran Buds , strawberries, and blue berries
S - decaf coffee + milk (plus 1/2 a power bar if needed)
D - 5 oz steamed shrimp + 2 tbsp PC tangy ****tail sauce
S- decaf coffee + milk

AND more water than I've been taking.  New Year here I come, ready to keep at it!

Claire
Karen W.
on 12/30/11 12:16 am - Canada
Claire, good for you for throwing out the junk!  This definitely bodes well for the new year.

RNY April 11, 2011       

CanDoItFour
on 12/30/11 1:29 am - Canada
Thanks Karen. 
I feel like a dope, but I've learned on here that mistakes do happen and we survive.  Too bad it has taken me 60 years to see this though, lol.

Claire
aprilbennett1965
on 12/30/11 12:32 am - Canada
One think I know for sure that I am trying is a scrambled egg. Today I switched to pureed foods!!!!!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Most Active
Recent Topics