Wishing I was not able to eat everything

Sher1ock
on 1/5/12 9:46 am - Canada
Ditto on what Dawn says.

Also, just because you didn't dump this time doesn't mean you won't in the future!  I would elaborate, but I think I need to go lie down for a while...

JJ_
on 1/5/12 9:52 am
Are you eating your protein first?  I find that when I have respected this rule, I feel full (not necessarily right away, but within the first 30 minutes).  Then when I wait and when the appropriate time has passed, started drinking again.  This as well helps me feel full. 

Good luck in your desire to eat healthy.

Judy
Leslie W.
on 1/5/12 10:09 am - Cobourg, Canada
Hi Tammy, I have been lucky too with eating. So far at almost the 3 month mark no vomiting, nothing getting stuck, no foamies etcc (YET). Only once I felt hungry since surgery and that was because I did eat lunch. Remebering to eat and drink is a full time job.

Just get back to measuring your food. I rarely have a full sensation. The further along we get and nerve ending heal the sensation may return, that's why we need to measure.

Tomorrow is another day, Christmas is over and a New year is here.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Karen W.
on 1/5/12 10:41 pm - Canada
I'm nearly 9 months out and it seems I can eat anything; no foamies, no vomiting, no dumping, and just 2 or 3 incidents of feeling uncomfortable due to eating too much (had company and didn't measure my food!).  I too wish that I dumped as a deterrent to trying new and tempting things, but that's just not the way it is.  I used to wish that I could eat those "yummy" foods in moderation, and now (if I'm going to eat them at all) I NEED to learn how to have just one (instead of the usual thousand) of something.

The feeling of fullness will come.  You're still very early out and the nerves in your pouch probably haven't healed yet.  Even if you don't get that feeling, you can make sure that you don't eat too much by weighing and measuring.

My hunger returned very early after surgery, about 6 weeks out.  I eat 6 times a day, protein first, to deal with this.  And I remind myself that a little bit of hunger is something that I need to learn to tolerate,  it's part of my new life, it won't last long, and not tolerating it is part of what brought me to obesity in the first place.

Forgive yourself for eating the cookies.  Shame is our enemy and can easily lead to ongoing poor eating.  Look forward and get back on the wagon.  We're all with you!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active
Recent Topics