Greek yogurt

Brenda T.
on 1/5/12 10:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I haven't tried it yet, but I did see it at the store and it made me think of past post about the taste and texture.  The plain is the one we should eat right?  What if the sugar free flavors were added?  Like vanilla or rum drops from the baking isle? Or any of the other flavors that we would add to our Optifast?

Let me know if anyone has tried that, would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 10:56 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I buy the plain all the time and just add either NSA jam or SF syrups or a bit of sweetener.  If you were to use rum extract, you aren't adding any sweetness so you may not find it sweet enough.  I have added some sweetener and then extract and it was very good.
Monica M.
on 1/5/12 10:59 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey there!
Yes, the plain ones are the good ones. I sometimes add fruit to mine, like frozen raspberries that you get in the bag at walmart or where ever. I put them in a bit of yogurt, let it thaw, mmmm... You can add sf syrups to them, too, i sometimes did that early out. I'm talking about the TOrani syrups you can find at Winners or STarbucks, or the Cultured Coffee Bean (online)

If you find it too thick, i sometimes mix it with a bit of regular sugar free flavoured yogurt, about half and half, its a nice smooth texture then, almost like a pudding.

There's something i want to try, a friend who's on WW told me about mixing a 500ml container of ff sour cream with a package of sf pudding mix, the texture is just like cheesecake. (omg its awesome) I'm thinking it would be awesome with greek yogurt too, because the texture of the sour cream is a lot like greek yogurt, but i just havent gotten around to trying it yet.

Sher1ock
on 1/5/12 11:11 pm - Canada
I stick with the plain one as the others are too high in sugar.  I like to add a few frozen blueberries, a bit of splenda and a spoonful of Mango Fruit Splash protein powder.  if I want a bit of crunch, a handful of Kashi Go Lean on top.

Between the yogourt and added protein powder, I've got 20g protein right out of the gate in the mornings.

I also use it mixed with herbs as a veggie dip or, with the two bites of potatoes I eat from time to time, in place of sour cream.

Brenda T.
on 1/5/12 11:24 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Good ideas, thanks ladies.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen W.
on 1/5/12 11:28 pm - Canada
Wow, I never thought of adding protein powder.  Great idea!  Thanks!

I add a tsp of Splenda and some berries to the plain Greek yogurt, which I have about 5 days a week for breakfast.  I also get the small flavoured ones to have as snacks when I'm at work or school; as I don't dump, the sugar content isn't really an issue for me.  I'm hoping that someone comes out with a flavoured Greek yogurt sweetened with sucralose soon.

RNY April 11, 2011       

greenthumb74
on 1/6/12 12:22 am
 I'm not sure if you are able to shop in the states or not, but I found that Fage makes individual greek yogurts, 15g of protein, that are 0% fat and have 100 calories and that come with a little thing of flavoured fruit topping to stir in as you choose while you're eating.  It's pretty slick.  The fruit puree container is kinda like a lil holder for you to hang on to while you're eating and you can add in as much or as lil as you like.  I realize that 100 cals might be a lot for some people (though 70 is the least I've ever seen) but I'm not taking very many calories per day as it is, so I figure at this point it's not a major concern for me.

With all the hassle I've gone thru to find stuff that tastes good, has protein and stays down, these were a godsend.  I'm in Duluth today and am going to pick up a bunch more to take home because they haven't made it to my International Falls Super One just yet.

Hope this helps!
Nancy 

Surgery:  November 30/11 w Dr. Scott Gmora at St. Joseph's in Hamilton
Highest Weight:  336lbs                  Current Weight: 250lbs
                          Total Weight Loss: 86lbs 
Mary A.
on 1/6/12 12:45 am
if you look at the label and read the sugar carbs etc that will enable you to decide which is the best choice for you...and yes by all means you can add SF syrups or jam to anything like yogurt

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

GD6
on 1/6/12 1:02 am - Hamilton, Canada
I add a little SF Cheesecake Pudding powder (from the US, but I think the low carb grocer may have it as well) to make a "mock" cheescake and top it with No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling or fruit.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Brenda T.
on 1/6/12 1:09 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
sounds yummy

Most Active
Recent Topics