ottawa support group

heavenlyhash
on 1/11/12 3:01 pm - Canada
is there still a support group in ottawa the last sun of the month at tanglewood?
Sirene
on 1/11/12 7:15 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Nope 
There was one on the first Tuesday on Knoxdale run by Terry45, which has since been taken over by Sherlock (Janet) and moved to the Bronson centre.

Jennifer  

JJ_
on 1/11/12 8:39 pm
That was for patients that were initially Out of Country, run by Cindy??  No, that support group closed.

There had been an announcement sometime before Christmas, maybe in the fall that this group was closing.

Judy
samtq
on 1/12/12 1:03 am - Ottawa, Canada
 As a point of clarification that group was NOT specifically for out of country patients.  It was started during a time when the only surgeries were happening out OOC and was supported by Dr. Graber, but this group was for everyone.  It closed due to declining attendance which most likely occurred because of the misconception of who the group was for.

These groups are extremely valuable to everyone no matter where they are in their journey so many thanks to Janet for continuing with the Tuesday group.  Let's keep the attendance up so that it doesn't suffer the same fate!

Cheers,

Sue
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
JJ_
on 1/12/12 2:24 am
Thanks Sue for the clarification.

Judy
Sher1ock
on 1/12/12 12:43 am - Canada
Hi.  As mentioned above, there is a monthly meeting of the Bytown Benchers on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm - 9:00pm.  Normal meeting place will be the Bronson Centre, (211 Bronson Avenue) and the room info will be listed on the board in the lobby.

This group is open to all who are in all stages of their process, from pre- to post-, to post-post- op.  There is another group for persons 18 monthsand more  out that focuses on the issues specifically of interest to persons at that stage but I'm not sure where or what they are doing these days...if that's what you are looking for, I'll find out.  Anyone in the maintenance stage is not only entirely welcome in the Bytown Benchers, but encouraged to come out.

Clothing exchange at each meeting if interested and cost recovery contribution of $2.

Details of February meeting are still pending... still in process of getting everything up and running.  I made a long post on January 4 or 5 I think that gave details of how the group has decided to organize things for now and it will give you a lot of info.

Any questions, just let me know.  Hope to see you in a few weeks!

HeidiA
on 1/13/12 1:29 pm - Ottawa, Canada
There is also the coffee group that meet at Starbucks on Hunt Club and Merival.

The next coffee night will be Mon, 23 Jan.

This is open to everyone.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics