Further update...

Jeff Z.
on 1/25/12 4:40 pm - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
 As I said in my previous post, my surgery was postponed until March or April.  I've let sink in and have come to terms with the cir****tances.  Rather than stew over it I'm just going to go about things and obviously hope a third delay doesn't rear it's ugly head my way!

Met with Dr. Glazer at TWH on Tuesday morning.  Finding parking was a bit of a nightmare/adventure, and unfortunately I didn't get to see Dr. Glazer until two hours after my schedule appointment.

He was very friendly, said I was in good in health as far as he could tell, dictated a letter he wished to be sent to Dr. Gagner, and then we went over the pre-operative testing that Dr. Gagner wanted.

When I mentioned the stress test (that seems to be the important test Dr. Gagner wanted), Dr. Glazer was confused by such a request.  He said that if I didn't have any heart problems (he is requesting my tests that were done on my heart while I was in Cleveland just to see what it was like in 2009 at over 700lbs), he wouldn't bother with doing that.  He also noted that it would be faciliated at TWH due my weight and that he would gladly talk with Dr. Gagner to confirm my heart health if need be.

I'm still waiting to see what sort of response I get from Dr. Gagner regarding that though.

Now I just need to wait for whatever referrals my family doctor will make for so I can get an echocardiogram and chest x-ray and then do the blood work and ECG/EKG when a date for surgery has been scheduled due to a timeline required for those tests.

So things are once again moving thankfully.

On another note.  Did anyone else notice any sort of pain in their feet (not ankles) around the mid-way point of your weight loss?

I had a nagging pain in the middle of my right foot, but while I want to attribute that to weight loss it could have just been over exertion, the fact that I really should get new shows, or that my foot looks like it's worse than it was prior to my VSG.

I'm supposed to go to a place to see about getting some orthodics and to see if ODSP will cover a new pair of shoes.  However my mom keeps procrastinating about it.

Now I just have to figure out all the viatmin and supplement things out and have that ready to go prior to surgery as well as work it into my budget.

I can say that I'm not looking forward to the long car ride to Montreal again though, lol.  And I honestly hope my mom has quit smoking by them.  I'm not a fan of pit stops.  If I had it my way there would be only one stop for lunch!  Unfortunately she'd tell me to start walking...

HW: 750  ConsultW: 735  SW: 701  CW: 395  GW: 235 
App: January 2009  re-App: March 2009... OHIP suspends DS, works on proposal with Cleveland Clinic  Surgery: October 8th 2009  (8 month process)
Revision to DS on June 5th, 2012.

Monica M.
on 1/25/12 7:12 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
best of luck, Jeff!! i hope things work out this time and your surgery goes ahead. I hope your mom quits smoking too! (for her and you)

Sounds like things are in place, and you're good to go!

Brenda T.
on 1/25/12 9:56 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks for the update Jeff. Great things are moving again.
As far as your foot pain you should get your shoes. I know ODSP has paid for others. And can you not arrange rides, I know my aunt gets rides free to medical appointments. ODSP pays for it, maybe call your worker and ask, I can't remember the name of the company, but I will ask her and get back to you.
All the best and keep us posted.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Jeff Z.
on 1/26/12 5:27 am - Canada
DS on 06/05/12
 Hi Brenda,

I can schedule rides through DRT (Durham Region Transit) Specialized Services, but it can be difficult to get times and then I never know how long I'll need.  I'm sure my mom will take me sooner rather than later as she mentioned it on Tuesday.

Dealing with ODSP for reimbursement or to get transportion (say to Toronto) approved ahead of time is such a pain (at least it has been for me).  And yes, getting a pair of New Balance size 15 6E shows with the roll-bar soles is expensive.  Thing that sucks is the style I've worn for the past several years is now outdated.  Not sure if the revised style will be to my liking.  I'm picky.  Who knows, maybe this place can track down a pair of my old shoes.

Really what I need is corrective surgery at least on my right foot.  It is significantly turned outward.  Something to consider down the road when all the weight is off.

HW: 750  ConsultW: 735  SW: 701  CW: 395  GW: 235 
App: January 2009  re-App: March 2009... OHIP suspends DS, works on proposal with Cleveland Clinic  Surgery: October 8th 2009  (8 month process)
Revision to DS on June 5th, 2012.

Joyce J.
on 1/25/12 11:30 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Jeff

Fingers crossed that all goes well, no more delays. Keep us posted
You will be so glad to have this done and over with

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

sam1am
on 1/26/12 1:45 am
Hey Jeff,

Glad to hear things are moving along for you!  Keep us up to date!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Jennifer D.
on 1/26/12 5:46 am
Good to hear that you have found cooperation with Dr. Glazer.

My mom and I made it to Toronto in less than 7 hours ( not including the rest stop with OPP in attendance on the 401 :O ).

Your date will be here before you know it. This past year has moved so fast!
Most Active
Recent Topics