Update on me

Toni B.
on 2/15/12 12:28 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 .I'm looking forward to the happy ending.....(hair washing) you perves!  

I see there is nothing wrong with your sense of humour Darren! You crack me up...!
I don't excactly have any tips on how to survive the trip home, but I do wish you a speedy recovery. I hope you experience major improvements each day...Hope your flight goes well... hang in there man!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

sam1am
on 2/15/12 1:19 am
Sorry you've had such a rough start, but welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Heathergetbetter
on 2/15/12 1:37 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

Thanks for the humours insights.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks again for sharing.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
Onward and
Downward

on 2/15/12 3:43 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I'm sorry for your troubles, but there's something to be said for being able to talk about them in such an entertaining way! 

Best of luck with the hernia - hope you're feeling better soon.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Mary A.
on 2/16/12 12:25 am, edited 2/16/12 12:31 am
Wow, what a way to start this journey..but you were in excellant hands and I am sure as each day passes it will get MUCH better.....just remember not to overstretch or pull laundry from the machine..anything that requires even a bit of muscle..even rolling over in bed is at times painful as I am sure you have already found out. 

Rest, walk, sip, rest, walk sip...the first couple of weeks are your bodies chances to repair and get used to teh changes..remember they cut through 7 layers of muscle, skin, tissue,
fat etc even ifthey were laproscopic incisions..not to mention the hernia repair.  

oh yes and keeping a nice comfy pillow nearby to hold against your stomach area
 for when you have to cough is a +

Take it easy...and let everyone do for you. All the best

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

boybandjunkie
on 2/16/12 2:24 am - London, Canada

I am glad everything went well with the rny! i have heard hernia surgery is awful I hope u feel better soon!! 

Monica M.
on 2/16/12 2:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Good to hear from you! I hope the pain gets better, and that your flight home is ok. Hugs (gentle ones)

DonnaK12
on 2/16/12 4:46 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
I'm glad the surgeries went well and I hope the pain goes away soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics