Anti Bullying Month

linda11665
on 2/16/12 11:08 pm - Ottawa, Canada
In dear memory of my dearest best friend…   You helped me when people would comment on my weight."I’m pretty if only". You were my shoulder when men wouldn’t look at me because I took up too much room. That my behind was bigger than a bus. I was a cow; lazy, etc…I can go on about all the “FAT" names that I have been called. You smiled at me when I would cry. You made me feel better. You made everything seem like it was going to be okay. But slowly, very slowly, you were killing me. I love you but now I have to say good bye. I have a disorder. It’s called an eating disorder. I was slowly killing myself everyday with food.    I had the gastric bypass to save my life. It is not the “QUICK" fix that everybody thinks it is. I have to, have to, take vitamins and calcium and a lot of other stuff to stay alive. I still have to work out everyday; I still have to watch my portion control. I made this choice because I was a year away from dying. Literally….   So for those of you who snicker when I say Gastric Bypass, think about it…Because it is not easy...Just because I had the surgery does not mean the war is over. Sure you lose weight faster then the normal person would, but you can gain it all back if you don’t change your life style.   So people, the next time you see an “obese" person, don’t call them names, and don’t laugh at them. They do have feeling too. They are human too. Blood flows threw their veins just like you do. Instead why don’t you just smile at them or say “Have a nice day". Or even hello. Because how would you feel if you were constantly bullied about your size. You’re too skinny, I can cast twice your shadow, and do you eat? I can go on and on….Bullying hurts period.   For all of those who have supported me, (and you know who you are) I love you. Thank you. For those who snicker, raise your eyebrow, or just don’t talk to me anymore. Peace to you and May you find love in your heart to just love without judgment.
Thanks for letting me vent
Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/12 11:43 pm - Canada
Well said!

I didnt know it was anti-bullying month. Im such a supporter of the cause. I was bullied at school and at home. So many times I wanted to give up and I'm SO glad I didnt!

Life IS worth living. Everything is temporary. IT DOES GET BETTER!
Karen M.
on 2/17/12 2:47 am - Mississauga, Canada
I didnt know it was anti-bullying month.

It's actually not, if we're being technical.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/12 3:03 am - Canada
ok... :)

When is it in Canada?  Do we have that in Canada?  I know the US has national anti-bullying month in October.
Joyce J.
on 2/17/12 1:19 am - Scarborough, Canada
Well said, I'm sure many of us were bullied in school.

Simona is right It does get better

Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Most Active
Recent Topics