Is it normal?

Penny85
on 2/28/12 12:09 am - Guelph, Canada
 I am 2 and a half months out from surgery and have lost 55 lbs.  The past couple days I haven't really been hungry or wanting to eat.  I've been forcing myself to eat so I can get some food in, but I really have no interest in food.  Is this normal?

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

Monica M.
on 2/28/12 12:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it is normal. Try to get all your nutrients in, set a timer if you have to.

do you have any other symptoms, like nausea?

Penny85
on 2/28/12 12:27 am - Guelph, Canada
 Sunday I was very sick:  nausea, vomitting, diarrea, body pains.  I assumed that those symptoms were caused by eating dinner Saturday night that had too much oil.

Never really thought they were related...

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

Monica M.
on 2/28/12 3:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
You never know. It could be lingering sort of nausea.

CanDoItFour
on 2/28/12 12:37 am - Canada
I went through the very same thing, at the same time, and agree with Monica that it's nevertheless STILL important to get the protein in and drink, even though you don't want to.  It passed after about 2 weeks.

I'd try to stay aware of how you're feeling though, and if you sense something may be off, go see someone.  There are so many changes going on that it's hard to know what is "normal" and what isn't.  Maybe try keeping a diary for the next few days of how you're feeling (pain, etc.) and eating.  I was REALLY sick  - for the first time in a year - 2 weekends ago, and have been keeping track so that if it persists I will have a useful record for the doctor.  I'm still really gassy, but there are a lot of stomach viruses going around right now.  BUT you never know!

Claire

AllaP
on 2/28/12 7:06 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I went through the same thing at around 4th month. It's gone and I miss it. So get your nutriens in and enjoy .

Alla.

ern1975
on 2/28/12 8:08 am - Brampton, Canada
I have the same problem. I'm almost 3 months out. I also find that food looks and smells good but when I eat it doesn't taste as good as it used too. Weird eh?
Ernestine   

Penny85
on 2/28/12 10:21 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I've been experiencing that as well.  I guess our tastebuds change somewhat after surgery.

Karen M.
on 2/29/12 12:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Yes.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/