Optifast Menu Help?

JennR
on 3/3/12 5:43 am
Good for you for trying to help out your wife this way. I did 3 weeks of optifast and can sympathize. However pudding like or thick optifast is about as much texture as she is going to get until after surgery. It is just something that she is going to have to live with, there is no getting around it. She is early days yet with the optifast, in a day or two those feelings of needing texture hopefully will diminish.

highlandbear
on 3/3/12 5:44 am - Canada
You can buy sugar free popsicles. That should help her. Stay away from the puddings.
Leanne1
on 3/3/12 6:02 am - Newmarket, Canada
I don't recall pudding being on the list.
Tea/coffee
Broth
SF jello (I ate A LOT of this)
Water
Opti-fast (you can make pudding out of this by not adding all the water)
sturgeon082
on 3/3/12 6:58 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
Yes Sugar Free Jello is just fine. It's nice for something to chew... lol

smiley_k
on 3/3/12 7:03 am
Do you have an ice cream maker? What about making her a slushie drink. I'm not sure on TWH's program but from what I'm reading, I think this recipe might be okay. 
Mix a package of crystal light to directions, the 500ml ones, and then add a tiny amount of sugar free jello powder (maybe a 1/2 tsp or tsp although you might have to play with it). Pour this into the ice cream maker and let it go, you'll get slushies. 

You can also do the same by freezing it in ice cube trays and blending the ice cubes once cold.

This might help with the crunch factor...
Katie  ♥