Worried something is wrong...

babybuggie
on 3/4/12 1:19 am - Canada
 Hi all.  I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience with developing a hernia post op.  my tummy has been sore to touch beside my belly button for at least a month now and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by.  At first it was just sore with fairly deep pressure so I dismissed it as nothing but now it is sore even with the lightest touch and sometimes aches even with no touch.  It doesn't feel like a pain deep inside.  I don't know if I should see my family doctor or call TWH and I also don't know if I should continue working out or if I should stop till its figured out. 

Monica M.
on 3/4/12 1:26 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Abdominal pain is NOT something to fool around with. Go to the hospital.

Call TWH tomorrow morning, if you don't go to hospital today.

babybuggie
on 3/4/12 1:36 am - Canada
 I know abdominal pain is not something to mess around with but it's such a funny pain.  It doesn't feel like its deep inside, feels like the pain you would feel if you push on a bad bruise.  It's strange.  Also, it's down beside my belly button, not up where my surgery was done so I'm confused if its even surgery related.  That's why I'm looking for advise from someone else who might have experienced the same thing.  I emailed the psychologist at TWH today as she is the only one whose email I have and asked her to forward it on to the appropriate person.  I assume that will happen tomorrow
Monica M.
on 3/4/12 1:45 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
don't assume. MAKE something happen tomorrow. Pain is pain, and signals that something is wrong.

Monica M.
on 3/4/12 3:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
and please please please post back here and let us know what's going on? we worry.

PatXYZ
on 3/4/12 2:29 am
Hmmm, I don't know if that's a hernia (as I understand it, they are rarely sore to the touch), but it is definitely worth getting checked out. As Monica said, pain isn't normal, and yours is progressing. If the pain doesn't get worse today, see your GP or contact the clinic tomorrow. Your GP could do a physical exam and send you for an ultrasound or other imaging tests if neccessary while you're waiting to see someone at the TWH. If it's getting worse or you develop other symptoms like a fever or vomitting, go to an ER right away.
babybuggie
on 3/4/12 3:39 am - Canada
 Everything I've read indicates that Pain can be a sign of an internal hernia.
Diminishing Dawn
on 3/4/12 5:16 am - Windsor, Canada
Pain can also be a sign of a bowel obstruction or other serious problem.  You don't mess with pain. Please see a doctor.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 3/4/12 6:22 am - Mississauga, Canada
Stop working out.  Call your doctor immediately.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

macrobug1
on 7/3/12 1:33 pm, edited 7/3/12 1:34 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics