Went to Durham Support Group!!

Brenda T.
on 3/6/12 10:02 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I went to the support Group last night for the first time!!  I really enjoyed it and met alot of great people.

It was especially great because two other peeps I have met on here went there for the first time last night too.  Great to meet you ladies!!

I am so impressed that ones who are in different stages are there and am thankful that the experienced ones support it's meetings.  It is great to hear from all leaves.

So encouraging!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 3/6/12 10:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm so glad that you did that!!! it's so amazing to connect with people who have the same goals, struggles and interests.

DonnaK12
on 3/6/12 10:05 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
That sounds great!  I didn't know there was one here!  Can you let me know when the next one is and where it is?  I would love to join something like that.  My husband is very supportive but it's not the same as talking with people who know EXACTLY what you are going through!

Brenda T.
on 3/6/12 10:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Here is the link, it's great fun. http://www.meetup.com/Durham-Region-Weight-Loss-Surgery-Supp ort-Group/

Would love to have you there.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

agrmax
on 3/7/12 2:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
thanks for the link Brenda I never knew Durham had one I kept thinking I wished they did I will be attending the next one.

Orientation September 2011 - Surgeon appt January 23, 2012 - Surgery February 13, 2012

Joyce J.
on 3/6/12 10:06 pm - Scarborough, Canada
HI Brenda

So glad you went and enjoyed yourself. I say all the time that the support you get from those meetings is so important.

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

DonnaK12
on 3/6/12 10:11 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Thanks Brenda

LuAnne H.
on 3/6/12 10:28 pm - London, Canada
I LOVE our WLS support group meetings.  I always feel energized after the meetings, both formal and informal coffee meetings.  Everyone is so wonderful and it is great to talk to people who understand you!!    Kudos for going to your first support meeting!  A big step to take but soooooo worth it!

Lu

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
alexforest
on 3/7/12 12:22 am - Canada
I had no idea there was a Durham one,, i'll be to the next one for sure.. thanks for posting
Brenda T.
on 3/7/12 12:45 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
The more the better.

Most Active
Recent Topics