They picked me

narhik
on 3/7/12 11:22 am - Ontario, Canada
I know I am really bad for posting but I read the board ever day.On January 9th I celebrated my 4 year anniversary from having my DS.

The transformation in my life is unbelievable some ups and some downs but NEVER any regrets.

I wanted to share with everyone that some wierd, scary and special thing happened to me tonight. When I had my surgery I was 245 pounds and felt far far from pretty and attractive. I still struggle with this despite the attention I have recently been getting from the opposite sex. Anyways I am a part of a Competitive Hip Hop dance squad and have been since pre DS. Tonight one of my dance partners asked ME if I would consider being a Model in a major event she is responsible for. At first I thought she was talking to another friend of mine but it was ME she was talking to ME the fat girl the girl who never thought she was pretty the girl who was always jealous of the pretty girl. SHE ASKED ME!!! So I am going to be modeling I have to wear 5 outfits, do a run way be interviewed by the press!!!

I of course tried to act cool and collective but I was screaming on the inside and the first thing I thought of is that I needed to share this. For those of you that are researching or dreaming of surgery I hope that this little silly story makes you know it is all worth it in the end.....

Kerry

austinsgrandma
on 3/7/12 11:25 am
That is wonderful!  Love to read about the successes in wls!

Lynn in Ontario
banded Oct.19th 2012 and loving it.

PaulaToronto
on 3/7/12 11:28 am - Toronto, Canada
What a great story. Congrats on all fronts.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

sam1am
on 3/7/12 11:43 am
That is terrific!  Congratulations Kerry and nice to see you posting!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

the44plan
on 3/7/12 11:48 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Congrats on the new model job!  What an experience.... wow
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

northernlight
on 3/7/12 11:51 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Aw, what a great thing to have happen to you, Kerry! No wonder you were so excited!

I hope this helps you to close the door on the "fat girl" - she is gone and she's not coming back.  The real Kerry is the pretty, happy, healthier girl who looks back at you from your mirror!

Congratulations to you on being asked to be a model in a big show - I'll bet that you'll be terrific!  Hey, don't forget to post some pics for us to see, of you in some of your fancy outfits!

Deb 

denise_norman
on 3/7/12 11:57 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
What a truly amazing story! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!! You will rock this event wait and see! denise

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

JJ_
on 3/7/12 3:02 pm
Congratulations Kerry.  What a great NSV and boost to the self-esteem :)

Judy
CanDoItFour
on 3/7/12 5:10 pm - Canada
That is wonderful Kerry, for anyone at any point in life - let alone for us "Fat Girls"!  Congratulations on 2 levels - first, the NSV itself; AND second, having it 4 years post WLS! 
What a great story for ALL of us to read!  Really inspiring.

Thanks for posting this.

Claire
Marls
on 3/7/12 8:14 pm - Canada
That is so very heartwarming!! Good for you. Congratulations on your 4 year anniversary as well.

Marls
Most Active
Recent Topics