update with the nutrionist and social worker

alexforest
on 3/13/12 11:58 am - Canada
so today i had my two appointments that were 4 hrs apart that i have been complaining about now for a little while on here, lol,,, but i have to say they went great!!! at first i was told i am lactose intolerant and that would explaing my stomach sickness,, however after further digging with the Nutrionist we have discovered that  i'm not eating enough, i'm eating to fast and i need to up my water,, so it's all my fault..lol... atleast now i know, so when i came  home tonight i slowwedddd way down and ate my chilli and i'm glad to say i'm not stomach sick tonight, she gave me a list of foods that i can eat i was shocked.. omg i can have sheppards pie? oh and it was discovered i have a food  phobia i kinda new that and i guess i have to work on that too, i have to know where the food was made, who made it,, and when i eat at a restaurant i have to see the green sign to show its cleaniness, i also go on durham health and see the write up about restaruants in the area, when i go down south i will only eat what i can see cooking,if i go to a rest and it doesn't look nice i'll ask for my food in a to go container and i'll sit and eat it there at the table while my friend is eating from a regular plate,  i've always been this way, i went to Jamaica and lived on rice and bread for a week,  i guess its time to try and ease up on it and start enjoying foods a little bit more, this is going to be hard for me, but its all a part of the "new me" so here's to me changing it up a bit!!!
Pam C.
on 3/13/12 12:22 pm - Canada
good to know alex..since i will be having the surgery soon..and you are on your way to the "new you"..thanks for sharing
Referral: Jan 12/12  Info session HRM: Feb 27/12   Nurse: April 30/12
SW: April 30/12   surgery class: April 10/11    
Diet/Nut: April 30/12

Surgeon: March 19/12   Surgery Date:
??-???-??

Zer0
on 3/13/12 2:19 pm, edited 3/14/12 9:56 am - Sudbury, Canada
I also was advised to eat more (800-1000 calories per day not the 500-600 I was consuming), and drink more water. I also eat fast but it doesn't make me feel I'll so the nutritionist said it was okay as long as I am measuring all of my food and chewing very well- which I am.

I am glad to hear you have figured out what is wrong and are feeling better. As a lacto-ovo vegetarian I hope to never hear I am lactose intolerant!
How did you end up filling your time between appointments?

Kristen
Monica M.
on 3/13/12 8:23 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
it's kind of funny to think you became obese while  having these food phobias. I became obese because i wasnt afraid of any food. (i dont mean that in a mean way, just making an observation)

Good luck in becoming the new you.

Brenda T.
on 3/13/12 11:12 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm so happy you have a workable solution!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

alexforest
on 3/14/12 12:09 am - Canada
Thanks all,,, i filled my time between appointments by people watching, i sat in the timmies accross from the hospital,, did my crossword,, txting people, ate lunch,,, and watched people,, very interesting people,,, i was ask three times at timmies for money, young people too, i felt like saying look at the sign timmies is  hiring go get a job, but i was out of my comfort zone and had no one there to protect me from the consequences of my big mouth, lol 

This is such a huge life changing event we have taken on here, and as much as we are educated about it before taking the big step we are still blind by certain things, i thought i would not have a problem i'm a strong person and i can do this, yes i can do this, but not without help and if i have one piece of advise and i realize i'm new to this it would be make sure you go to your follow up appointments, i felt so much better coming home last night, and now starting my day off knowing what i have to do to become successful at this, it's not only losing the weight but it's understanding that your mental state has to change as well, and once again i can't express my gratitude enough to all the people on here that post daily, you are helping us newbies so much, thank you

alex
Hannahmumma03
on 3/14/12 4:03 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
good for you alex!! you can do it!! one step at a time !!! and yes the tim's near twh is quite the place for people watching. hope to see you at the durham region weight loss surgery support group meetup next tuestday! its from 7- 9 p.m. in whitby at the Village of taunton mills retirement centre. it will be my 2nd time, along with brenda t.

christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

alexforest
on 3/14/12 11:58 am - Canada
i'll be there
Most Active
Recent Topics