Who just came back from a 6+ km walk?

Penny85
on 3/26/12 3:54 am - Guelph, Canada
That's right, me!

I downloaded the MapMyWalk app for my phone and used it last night when I went for my walk.  I went 3.11kms so I decided today I would aim for 4km.  By the time I got to my pre-appointed spot where I would keep walking if I hadn't walked enough or start heading home if I had, I had already walked 4.87km.  Tottally surprised I told myself that I might as well try and make it to 5km.
By the time I was two houses away from my house I had walked 5.67 so I did a lap of the neightbourhood and brought my total up to 6.13km!

It feels great! Never did I think I would be walking this much, just because I felt like it. 

I plan on going out again this evening for another walk and will try and keep this plan of two walks a day.  Next time though, I think I will wear a warmer sweater though!

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/12 4:09 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
 Awesome!!
MisterDiminishing
on 3/26/12 4:18 am - Windsor, Canada
Those online utilities are excellent motivators. WTG!

Joyce J.
on 3/26/12 4:19 am - Scarborough, Canada
That is awesome, good for you

Keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/12 4:20 am - Canada
Woohoo!! 6+k is amazing!!!
Monica M.
on 3/26/12 4:30 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah!!!!!!! you're awesome~~~

sam1am
on 3/26/12 4:45 am
Way to go Penny!  Another big NSV is being cold (like  a normal person) because before wls I was so hot in every temperature! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Penny85
on 3/26/12 8:03 am - Guelph, Canada
Yes, same as me.  Pre-op, even if I was able to walk that much, I would have been sweating bucket!  Today I did work up a little bit of a sweat, but that was only towards to end when I was being sheltered from the breeze a bit.

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/26/12 4:47 am

smiley_k
on 3/26/12 6:15 am
 Way to go! That's awesome!
Katie  ♥