St.Josephs Hamilton..

bellamia905
on 4/19/12 10:34 am - Canada
i was just curious for anyone who had their surgery done at St. Josephs.. i have my appt with the dietician and social worker on May 3rd... what should i expect.. and how long after this did you get to meet your surgeon and all the fun stuff lol :) thanks for your time..

* DONT GIVE UP THE BEGINNING IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST *
Cwuddy
on 4/19/12 10:54 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 08/28/12
 i haven't had my surgery yet but i had my dietician and social worker appointments on March 21st at St. Joe's.  You will be weighed and have your blood pressure taken.  The dietician will go over the forms you filled out and comment on your dietary habits and the diet you will have to follow after surgery.  He will also review vitamins and tell you what to start taking.

The social worker will go over your forms too, ask you a bunch of questions about your past history and why you think you gained weight, and talk to you about any concerns she has with your answers.  She will recommend whether or not you need to be referred to the psychologist.

I had my internist appointment the same day and i am scheduled for my scope on Monday.  If all goes well, I should get my surgeon's appointment after that but i have no idea how soon that will be.   Have you had your bloodwork, ECG and abdominal u/s done?  that really helps if they have those results at your appointments.

Good Luck, you're on your way!!

Vicky - SW = 299   CW = 138

bellamia905
on 4/19/12 11:01 am - Canada
thank you so much.. i have had my bloodwork ECG and u/s done.. i live in st.catharines and when i spoke to the clinic last week they had not received it yet. Iam going to call tomorrow and double check if maybe they have got it now.. I wish i had my internist appt that day to make all this go way faster.. but im guessing that after these 2 appts im going to have to wait again lol.. thank you so much you have been a huge help.. if im getting this nervous now i can only imagine what its going to be like before surgery lol
huggers33
on 4/19/12 12:31 pm - Windsor, Canada
I had my surgery at St. Joes, but unfortunately did my pre op work in Windsor.  I would just take it all in stride, and enjoy your journey, you are in GREAT hands at St. Joes. 
Good Luck
bellamia905
on 4/19/12 12:52 pm - Canada
thank you so much!!! iam so excited and i cant wait to start my new life.. i have heard amazing things about St.Joes ..

* DONT GIVE UP THE BEGINNING IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST *
vanBee
on 4/19/12 4:16 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 07/25/12
 I actually had my nurse and Dietician appointment on wednesay, and have my internist appointment next wednesday, then my social worker and endoscopy on May3 (the thursday after that) so be patient and breath lol .. the nurse will give you your next appointments during the dietician appointment. 
First Referral (sent to the wrong place): September 17, 2011  ~  Second Referral:December 19, 2011  ~  EKG: February 3, 2012  ~  Abdominal Ultrasound: February 10, 2012  ~  Orientation: March 12, 2012  ~  Nurse Practicioner/Dietician:  April 18, 2012  ~ Internist: April 25, 2012  ~ Social Worker: May 3, 2012  ~  Endoscopy: May 3, 2012  ~  Surgeon Mtg: May 29, 2012  ~  Called With Surgery Date: June 20, 2012  ~  Nutrition Class: June 21, 2012  ~  Pre-Op: July 11, 2012  ~  RNY Surgery Date: July 25, 2012

Surgeon:
 Dr. Anvari

my angel is Monica M 
Tanya T.
on 4/19/12 10:57 pm
I am also from Niagara (Port Colborne) and I had my surgery done at St. Joe's and you are in great hands they have a great bariatric program.  Things will start moving along now after your social worker/dietician appointment. Best of Luck on your journey!!

Tanya

Pat-60
on 4/20/12 1:55 am
This will be the best gift you could ever give yourself.  Everything in Hamilton was just wonderful including the hospital stay.  It has been 9 months for me and I am down 113 lbs.  I can't believe how physically active I am now.  My timeline is below although it may be a little longer now because of demand for the surgery.  At times it seems like a long wait and then all of a sudden the surgery date is there, well worth it!  Take advantage of this time to gather all the information you can and go to support meetings, nothing like talking to others going thru the same. Good luck to you.
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
Most Active
Recent Topics