Idea for greek yogurt

babybuggie
on 5/15/12 8:48 am - Canada
 Hi all.  Hope u are all doing well. I noticed there has been allot of discussion lately about greek yogurt and people have been trying to figure out ways to incorperate it in their diet if they don't like the taste.  I personally don't mind it but had an idea for anybody that is well into solid foods post op.  I eat allot of raw veggies with dip now as part of my diet and was buying light sour cream and mixing it with clubhouse dip/dressing powder mix.  Now I mix the dip powder with a tub of fat free greek yogurt instead of sour cream so i get the added protein from the dip.  I dont tend to eat lots of dip but even a quarter of a cup of the greek yogurt has lots of good stuff in it.  It also has a much thicker and creamier texture than the sour cream which is nice for dip. 

Just thought i would share my idea!!

Toni

cayleighsmom
on 5/15/12 9:33 am
RNY on 06/05/12
hey toni, i agree with you.  i use greek yogurt for dip as well, and the kids and hubby does'nt even know... cause you know they hate yogurt..lol
sam1am
on 5/15/12 9:39 am
Hi Toni,

Thanks for the heads up.  What flavour of the Club House mix do you use.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

babybuggie
on 5/16/12 10:49 pm - Canada
 I tried italian but found it a little too spicy for me.  This time i used french onion and it was great.  Next time i would like to try ranch or dill.  They are all yummy

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/12 9:39 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I use it to replace sour cream all the time.  Hubby doesn't even realize that the "sour cream" he puts on his baked potato is actually fat free greek yogurt.  I use it in baking as well to replace some of the fat.
Laurie C.
on 5/15/12 10:07 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
I put sugar free chocolate syrup and a touch of sugar free starbucks caramel syrup in the greek yogurt,  add a few berries and a little cool whip, awesome.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

babybuggie
on 5/16/12 10:49 pm - Canada
 Sounds sooo good
avivaps
on 5/15/12 10:46 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 I make my own protein shake - 1/3 cup skim milk, scoop of flavorless protein powder, 1/2 cup fat free Greek yoghurt, 1/2 pkt crystal lite. 157 cal 27gm protein. It's my breakfast daily. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

stewartjackie
on 5/15/12 1:50 pm - Pickering, Canada
That sounds great, but have you tried almond milk? less calories, fat and sugar!

Peel1234
on 5/15/12 11:18 am
Sounds yummy will try, personal favorite pkg is ranch club house.  Thanks Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

Most Active
Recent Topics