question about last appointments

the44plan
on 5/17/12 11:59 pm, edited 5/18/12 12:50 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Can anyone tell me what happens at Humber's 2nd surgeon appointment? When I talked to the receptionist she told me to bring the money for the optifast. When I see the surgeon at this appointment, does he make the appoinmtment right then and there for the surgery? Also, isnt there a 'pre-op' appointment needed too? What's the time frame for that too?
Thanks,..

Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

thunderhand
on 5/18/12 12:37 am - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
this is how it happened for me.

i saw the surgeon, he signs off on the surgery.  Then you wait for a final surgery date

they will call you..  i waited 5 weeks, for the call

During the call, they said to expect a pre surgery call  anywhere from a week to a few days before

the actual surgery.

I purchased my opti the same day i saw the surgeon.

hope that helps..      st.joes hamiltion is where the surgery will be.
Monica M.
on 5/18/12 1:30 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
When i was told to bring the money for the optifast, i got my date then and there, stood at the window, negotiated with the receptionist for the best day for me. BAM!!! the Preop appt is a week or two before the surgery.

hobbithands
on 5/18/12 4:30 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I am also at Humber This is how it went for me.
I saw Dr Huynh, he signed off on the surgery, he walked me to the front desk where you purchase your optifast. His receptionist then looks in her book gives you your date and books your Patts all while you stand there trying to catch your breathe because this is really happening! 
Good luck let us know when you get home.

Laurie C.
on 5/18/12 4:33 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
I saw the surgeon, signed the forms and went out to the reception, they gave me September 4 and told me because it was so far away I would have to come back to get the Optifast and that I could do that on my PATTS day, August 14 because I would need to start Optifast August 21.

I don't know does Dr. Hagen take the summer off?

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Btrue2u
on 5/18/12 9:35 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
what is PATTS DAY
Laurie C.
on 5/19/12 10:16 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
patts day is pre-op appt, anesthesia, teaching appts I think, apparently it can take up to 4 hours.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

the44plan
on 5/18/12 4:45 am, edited 5/18/12 4:46 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12

Thanks all!! HAPPY LONG WEEKEND! BTW, the garden shops/nurseries are already crazy busy. Im going to keep my mind off 'the infamous date' and keep my nose in the garden.

Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Most Active
Recent Topics