Surgeons appointment today.. Ok, but not great

the44plan
on 5/25/12 1:21 pm, edited 5/25/12 1:46 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Today was my last surgeons appointment. Papers signed and picked up the optifast :), however Im a little bummed out because I didnt get my date yet. They dont have the July dates right now for Humber and will be calling me in 2 weeks to let me know. I was just wondering if anyone was given a July date or is still waiting ..I know its only another 2 weeks to wait for the date (I can do it)... but oh my, I was really looking forward to it today..
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Laurie C.
on 5/25/12 2:26 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada
My appt with Dr. Hagen at Humber was over a month ago and my date isn't until September 4, they wouldn't give me my Optifast until I have my PATTS on August 14--in case they needed it for someone else.  I hope your surgery is sooner than mine.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Leafsfan1982
on 5/26/12 12:15 am - Canada
Humber is a hospital i`m guessing..and wow why is it such a long wait?
JJ_
on 5/25/12 5:47 pm
Congrats on signing the consent papers and getting your Optifast.  I can understand your frustration.  I am sure they would have liked to have been able to give you a date as well.

The only way we can be disappointed in life is if we have expectations and they are somehow not met.  Sometimes we just need to reduce our expectations to relieve the disappointment :)

Judy
chipmunk_roasting
on 5/26/12 4:25 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Judy said "The only way we can be disappointed in life is if we have expectations and they are somehow not met. Sometimes we just need to reduce our expectations to relieve the disappointment :)"

You're a wise one, Judy.  I love this. 

Hang in there, OP (original poster);  it's got to be frustating, but the prize is worth the waiting (says she who's waiting, too).

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Dianadcr
on 5/25/12 8:26 pm - Canada
I know the frustration you are feeling. I had a full five weeks before I got my date. There's a sense that maybe the surgery will never happen. Hang tight itnwill come.
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 5/25/12 9:52 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
The appointment was a great milestone and to get your OF too. Sorry they didn't give you your date yet I swear they just want to see us cry. lol

On the good side they didn't ask you to do more tests that would put it off even farther.

You can do it sweetie, hang in there. Hope you hear soon.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

the44plan
on 5/25/12 11:55 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
thanks for being positive..  It does help to sit back and take a deep breath.. done it, and Ive moved on :)

Laurie, so sorry you are waiting so long.  I have nothing to mope about.  I hope this time flies by for you as well.
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

jennjennx
on 5/25/12 11:56 pm - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 06/15/12
Hey girl,

Sorry to hear you have to wait :-( July isn't far off, though! Before you know it you'll have your date & be starting the Optifast ;-)!
Laurie C.
on 5/26/12 3:17 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
I wonder if the September date has  something to do with OR shutdowns for holidays or whatever.  Now that I've got used to the idea of September I'm okay with it, nicer for walking, it gives my co-workers time for holidays and I can do more planning.  Just sitting back, being happy and waiting my turn.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Most Active
Recent Topics