RESEARCH!!!

Leanne1
on 5/28/12 3:32 am - Newmarket, Canada
So, I don't get on here very much BUT when I do, I see ALOT of people  NOT doing their RESEARCH!! YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH as well as asking questions!!

If you are on meds, look them up, talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist about ALL the meds you are on. IF they are a NSAID- YOU CAN"T have it after RNY, it will cause ulcers.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4529666/RNY-patients-and-NSA IDS/
(Read here)

Our centers give us guidelines and information that we should follow. They give us menus and amounts to try and aim  for consumption. We don't have to eat they whole amount- it is only a "guideline". After all, we DO have small pouches and can only fit in sooo much at one time.

Now, don't get me wrong, I was FULL of questions when I started out BUT I did ALOT of research as well!!

Have a good day everyone

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

happypants
on 5/28/12 3:38 am - Ottawa, Canada
Well said Leanne!!  

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Monica M.
on 5/28/12 3:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I think that this post is coming from the same place as my heads been at.

So many SIMPLE questions are being asked on this board, that could be found out with some VERY simple research. It's not that i mind answering their questions, I just question their committment to the process.

Too many people are heading into the process without enough self education, in my opinion.

Leanne1
on 5/28/12 4:02 am - Newmarket, Canada
Yep, I totally agree with what you say! And, I agree with wanting to answer but honestly, I find myself just reading the post and thinking to myself "I'm not even responding to this"

How "committed" are they???
Monica M.
on 5/28/12 4:04 am, edited 5/28/12 4:05 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i've had that thought (i'm not responding to this) so many times lately. Wondering if its my own impatience mixed in with the lack of preparedness... not sure sometimes.

Karine
on 5/28/12 4:33 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
As much as I can understand your point of view on this, I can also tell you that everyone's route is SO different.  I do a lot of reasearch, but seems like coming here to get confirmation on things that were gatered around is bugging some of you.  Weirdly, I kind of thought this was the purpose of this website.  You know, a place to share our journeys, and help each other without judgement?  Well I might be wrong here!

So sorry to read you this afternoon.  From now on I will most probably be afraid to post a question.

oh and one more thing:  we don't all have the support of a team of dietetician, psychologists, and so on, of a center, etc....  Think about this!

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Leanne1
on 5/28/12 4:48 am - Newmarket, Canada
Karine,

There's no reason to be afraid to ask questions, that totally isn't wht I posted this thread ;)
I meant no offence at all. I know everyone's route is different, I get it. Confirmation is different, in my opinion.

When I started researching, I was on meds. I asked questions to my nutritionist, family doctor, pharmacist about the meds. I didn't directly come here and ask "Can I take..." Do you know what I mean?? There's a difference.

Where are you having your surgery? There should be a team there that you can turn to as well. We have to go to them for our appts, follow-up and whatnot.. So, your last statemant confuses me a little...
Karine
on 5/28/12 4:55 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
I am self paying and going in Montreal.

I am pretty much on my own so far.

This is, as far as I can tell, the most reliable source of information so far.  The research engine button on the right upper part of my screen sucks!  hahahaha and googling brings too many answers from too many different places around the world. 

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Leanne1
on 5/28/12 5:00 am - Newmarket, Canada
Gotchya ;)

I completely understand that scenario! Your situation is definitely different then those going thru a center.
Monica M.
on 5/28/12 12:29 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i certainly didnt mean to discourage people from asking questions, and apologize if my remarks made you feel that way.

Most Active
Recent Topics