Is anyone having surgery at Humber in July??

the44plan
on 6/7/12 6:48 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Two weeks ago I saw Dr. Sohi to get my surgery date and also picked up my optifast.  The receptionist (who was very nice) explained that they didn not have any dates yet for July but if I would call them back (June 4th,5th or 6th) that they would know..  Of course I called on Tuesday (because Im sitting at the edge of my seat everday) and I asked very 'nicely' if they had the dates yet and the girl said (in a snippy manner) that 'THEY' will call me once they know.    She basically scared me from ever calling back again.. holly, I dont want to upset them, but gosh they were the ones that told me to call.. 
Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone out here has been given a date in July yet?  thanks.. 

Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

jennjennx
on 6/7/12 7:56 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 06/15/12
When I got my surgery date for June, it was around mid May (the 15th or so?); perhaps the middle of the month is when Dr. Sohi gets his surgery dates for the next month -- I'd hang tight, you should be getting a call soon :-).

FYI I also called twice before I got my surgery date and had the same type of snippy response from them :P
the44plan
on 6/7/12 8:17 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12

Thanks for the advice.made me feel a bit better ...  Your right.. it wll come.. 

Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

mermaidz
on 6/7/12 12:42 pm - Brampton, Canada
  Receptionists are paid to assist you...bite back the next time they are rude.. Especially if you were already advised to call.  And then tell them you want THEIR name .. and lodge a complaint

Seriously.. dont put up with any attitude..

Life is short.. Play hard :)
debralight
on 6/7/12 12:42 pm - Canada
Receptionists also have the power to be able to "misplace" a file....
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

mermaidz
on 7/1/12 9:01 am - Brampton, Canada
Absolutely, debralight.

But I doubt that will happen if you put your complaint in writing. Any kind of "mishaps" following a letter of complaint will be reviewed really carefully ... and make sure you point it out to the doctor
flyingwoman
on 7/1/12 2:21 pm
My husband is with Sohi and has his date for July.

He had been queued up from the month before though.
Most Active
Recent Topics