Venting v.s. requiring input.

truckingbride
on 6/8/12 4:28 pm - Harriston , Canada
Tuesday I have my pre-op class with the team  at Guelph. I am just about 24 months from my referral to this point.
My background I am a RN as well, my hubby and good friend are both 3 years out post RNY by Dr Reed at Guelph.
A almost 3 weeks ago when I got my call for this class, around the same time I had to go to a visitation so I hopped in my black dress pants and I knew I was in trouble.
I jumped on the scale and I was 18 pounds heavier then I was when I was last there in Feb so I freaked out a bit and got hardcore back into the swing althought I wasn't entirley sure how that happened--serioulsy!! In no time I got down 10 pounds in just a few days. Now I am fluctuating, I am about 10-11 pounds more then I was last time I left there. I know when I get there on Tuesday I am going to be sent packing--you cant have gained any weight when you go back to your appt for this. I have just 3 days to loose 10 pounds?  Even I cant do that or be able to seem to. I also have my period at this moment I am as bloated and they come.
After all this I am ****ty ass mad that I have managed to screw this up so royally so close. Ill be just devistated and beside myself if I get the boot on Tuesday? I am working 12 hr nights all weekend and I sleep ALL day. this isnt going to prove to be very interesting...any thoughts?

Megan M.
on 6/8/12 8:59 pm - Canada
Insist that it's water (and it probably is) retention from your TOM!  It really shouldn't matter, though - this is the reason we need this surgery, so they shouldn't throw you out for being normal.  Try not to worry.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

birdiegirl
on 6/8/12 9:00 pm

I feel your worry.....but if Guelph is anything like St Joes Hamilton, it wont be a problem....I mean that's why you are having the surgery right?

When you are obese - you can put 10 pounds on in a few days....our metabolism's are so out of whack....

Just do the best you can in the 3 days remaining until your appointment....explain you have your period...and just try and get under the 10 gained mark....and wear your lightest clothes ok?

Hang in there

sam1am
on 6/8/12 10:56 pm
I think anyone waiting that long would have some gain.  I know I gained 10 in the year that I waited.  I hope  (and expect) that it won't cause you problems!

All the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

the44plan
on 6/8/12 11:52 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
I gained 5 lbs and they didnt even blink.. 
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Leslie W.
on 6/9/12 1:07 am - Cobourg, Canada
Hope things go well. If it;s like TWH it wont matter. I put on 12 from when my referral went in. Think most of us had similar problems which is why we have/had WLS. Think it is more important that you talk about the positive changes,
I too am a RN so I completely understand the hazards of shift work on weight. No easy to have good eating habits.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
truckingbride
on 6/9/12 3:17 am - Harriston , Canada

thank you everyone for your input!! your very positive people it is the sign in the waiting room that has me concerned it says you cannot gain any weight.
I will work at this trust me..

PatXYZ
on 6/9/12 11:47 am
Please let us know what happens. Guelph is very draconian in this regard, it's very backwards. If they give you a problem, you might let them know that other centres don't have this policy and that if you could lose weight and keep it off on your own that you wouldn't really need surgery! If they give you a problem you moight consider making a complaint to the patient advocate for the hospital.

I feel badly for the people going through Guelph, it has some of the worst policies and practises!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
NorthernStar
on 6/10/12 4:27 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I gained 12 lbs from my first appointment to my PATTS/second surgeon appointment and no one said anything. Some of that is fluctuation and they must understand that. I have heard Guelph is more strict with this but discuss it with them and don't worry too much. Kicking someone out of this program because they gained a few pounds seems really backwards.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

truckingbride
on 6/11/12 3:12 am - Harriston , Canada
I talked to Audrey and it is a problem... I am so upset I dont even know what to say...
Most Active
Recent Topics