Stomach bacteria...

Vi-Vi
on 6/13/12 9:16 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 So after all my blood tests vitamin D is low and also a bacteria. I'm now taking 3 pills twice a day for 7 days!  Day 4 today and man my stomach is doing flips!  Looked at the side effects and I have them all.  Nausea, stomach pain, headache.....  Hope it does not get worse!  Any one else have to do this?  They say 50% of the population has this and don't even know!
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/12 9:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
It's probably H. Pylori.  I have seen a few on here that have had it and some needed a few rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it.  I sure hope that you can get rid of yours with just the one round.  Low Vitamin D in Canadians is common so that one is much easier to get up by taking some vitamins.
sam1am
on 6/13/12 10:13 pm
Be sure to follow your medication labels.  If it says to take with food, definitely take with food!  I just finished a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection and I had those symptoms as well but they improved a lot when I made sure to take them with my biggest meal.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Gabygee
on 6/13/12 11:48 pm - Canada
Helicobacter pylori is almost ubiquitous in the North American population - som many of us have it (it's actually part of our normal flora) that it's only when it grows out of proportion to the other bacteria and gut organisms that it causes a problem.

Downside - it causes ulcers, and that's something we RNY'ers REALLy can't use!
So yeah - follow the directions carefully. Often antibiotics cause us more trouble than the average Joe.

tresor
on 6/14/12 12:13 am
Yes I did have Hpylori and was treated twice for it.  Very important that this is cleared up and that a breath test comes back negative.  They will not do surgery till then.  Good luck and take care.

referral  Nov.3 2010                                                     
surgeon  Dr. Nathasa Pereira-Hong   surgery   May 31, 2012
Vi-Vi
on 6/14/12 3:12 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Thanks for all your advice!  Yap that's what it is HPolyri.  I sure hope it clears as I would hate to delay a surgery date because of it!  I actually feel pregnant again with all this nausea!  Lol
Most Active
Recent Topics