need some tough talk

SandpaperSandy
on 6/19/12 11:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
I find now that I am down 106 and have maintained for 5 months, I am starting to slide... I have given up the taste and want for potatoe chipspop and pure food crap that I would have consumed pre surgery, to now wanting chocolate - dark 72% cocoa chocolate.

the guelph team feel I will be one of the many success because of my life style change, but somehow I feel like I am slipping.

when I hear the girls at the clinic talk about peole who in the first  few months ask when they can  eat junk food again and  they don't follow the rules and then wonder why they don't loose weight, all I can think of is -give me chocolate !!!!  yes, the nutritionist said I can eat chocolate - 1 piece everyday is fine.  Somehow 1 piece is not enough.

when they say this is a life style change, they are not kidding.   someone kick me back into the mental program from the first year when I didn't venture off the program.

I just need some loving to know that I am "normal".  thanks everyone

sam1am
on 6/19/12 11:16 am
I love a chance to use this!

Kick Ass animated emoticon

Are you eating more than the allotted one piece of chocolate a day?  Is the scale going up?  Are you beating yourself up for nothing?  Can you substitute a chocolate protein drink once in a while?  I'm sure not perfect, and it sounds like for the most part you're doing well!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

SandpaperSandy
on 6/19/12 11:30 am - Kitchener, Canada
scale is not gonig up.
between the nut and myself, we agreed that as long as I maintained within 5 pounds, I am right on schedule.  I am "allowed" as per my rules to go as high as 155, most days I am around 150 with the odd day going to 148.  So the scale is not an issue.

I guess my head is starting to feel fat again - worrying that this may not last.  I self talk alot and I guess I just needed someone elses words to listen to instead of my own.

sam1am
on 6/19/12 11:35 am
I kind of thought so!

Big hugz, you're doing great!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 6/19/12 11:17 am
Hey Sandy,

The reason they say that you need to do a lifestyle change is because you need to be ever vigilant.  If we were like naturally skinny people, we would only eat one, or eat as much as we wanted and our metabolism would just burn it up!  However, we are not like that.  That is why we chose WLS to help us as other forms of food modification did not last.

I find that for me personally, I have a list of foods that I never can eat again.  Why?  One is not enough.  I know that it is not healthy for me....yes me, maybe not others.  Like the alcoholic that cannot take just one drink, there are certain things on my list that cannot pass my lips. 

You are normal.  You have to decide what is okay for you.  Continue to weigh yourself.  Set a number that if you notice the scale rising about that setpoint, then you need to be more conscious of what you are eating for the next week or so....write it down, etc. or maybe add more exercise.

You have done great so far.  Keep your chin up, because you can handle today.  Tomorrow will worry about itself when it becomes today.

*hugs*

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/12 12:39 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Someone on here, I can't recall who right now, wrote "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Sounds like sage words to me.
Karen M.
on 6/19/12 2:46 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You keep asking for this yet when we post in response to HELP YOU, you don't seem  to listen or get it.  So what am I to think as a successul vet  Sandy?  Come on...TAKE the advice and support offered!
'

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Bonnie ABC
on 6/19/12 7:17 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 It's not the peice of chocolate.  It's not the five pounds.  It's what is going on in your head.   This is all part of the journey dear.    At this point you feel you can try some things, but it's the feeling of losing control.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
LaurenR
on 6/19/12 9:15 pm - Kemptville On, Canada

Hi Bonnie

Your so not alone as you well know by now with all the wonderful responses,

I am 4 years out this Aug  DS Surgery and have been doing very good and still around goal weight, But I too have had those days where I feel fat and that I must be heading backwards but the scale says no. I don't let that bother me anymore as long as I eat healthy and only nibble on the bad once in a while as a special treat all is good. After all we are not all saints here LOL

So don't beat yourself up instead pat yourself on the back for doing so well.

((((HUGS))))))

LaurenR

Surgery Aug 2008   Start weight 309lbs  June 2012  Present weight 125lbs

2009 update pic shown here.

jdance
on 6/20/12 2:50 am - Canada
YOu are NOT alone.
Watch that scale.
I allowed myself 5lbs and it got out of hand, Now I'm trying to lose 10lbs to get back to goal.
but I'm telling myself, it's only 10lbs and not 100.
It way too easy to slide back into the comfort foods. Chips, chocolate, candy. I always have the SF stuff on hand but sometimes that's not enough and i ended up dabbling into the bad crap.

I've paid for it and scolded myself. Will get back to goal soon and stay there. yes the 5lbs window is good but made darn sure you only let it get to 5lbs, way too easy to get out of control.

We are all fighting and likelly will always fight those demons.

J

Most Active
Recent Topics