Opti Wanted

flyingwoman
on 6/28/12 8:36 am
Hi folks, anyone have a week or more worth of Opti for sale?

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
PatXYZ
on 6/28/12 9:28 am
Why? You're a post-op aren't you?
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 10:10 am
It still works for post-ops too!
PatXYZ
on 6/28/12 12:19 pm
I guess that depends on what you think Optifast is supposed to work for. In Ontario Optifast is prescribed only as a short-term pre-surgical diet to put the body into ketosis and shrink the liver to make bariatric surgery safer. The weight loss that happens during this process is stressed to be a happy side-effect, not the goal. Optifast is not recommended by the assessment centres as appropriate for post-ops because it is too high in carbs, and I agree with this. If I drank 4 per day, I would get twice as many carbs as I normally would! Drinking optifast as a post-op is no better than trying to do a fad diet. The OP would do better to eat real food, real protein, rather than attempt a liquid crash diet. She'll just gain the weight back when she goes back to the old habits that she can't address by going to a liquid diet for a week (or longer).

I would think you would encourage healthier behaviour. And why are you lurking on the Ontario forum anyway?
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 10:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Seriously Pat, who died and made you board moderator? If Chris wants to post here who cares. We have people from all over posting on the Ontario forum and I have never seen anyone say anything so why attack him just because you don't agree with what he has to say. Everyone is welcome to post on any forum they choose to. He is friends with the OP so obviously her threads are going to show up to him so relax why don't you.
Manda M.
on 6/28/12 10:26 pm
Well said
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

PatXYZ
on 6/28/12 11:14 pm
Tracey - as usual you have assumed too much and read in intentions that weren't in my post. I wasn't critical of Chris posting here, just surprised. I'm well acquainted with him from the Main Board. We occasionally get people from other provinces, but rarely people from California, so it was a surprise is all.
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 11:38 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
 All we have are your words, certainly not your intentions. However, since it's been repeatedly pointed out that your words come across as rude and condescending, perhaps you may wish reconsider the words you choose, unless you're satisfied being interpreted that way. 
PatXYZ
on 6/29/12 12:38 am
Actually , this hasn't been repeatedly pointed out to me. I hear far more often how people appreciate my well informed posts. You might look below to see my response about why I asked the OP why she was looking for optifast. I can't control how others interpret me, there will always be people who are going to want to purposefully misunderstand me, or misinterpret me, or read more into a post or just plain make stuff up and all of that is out of my control. I've been held to a different standard on here for a long time because some others are uncomfortable with me, but I'm not going to let that effect my posts or responses, I see it as their issue to deal with, not mine :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/12 1:12 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
 Ah, narcissism at its finest. 
Most Active
Recent Topics