Food Fight!

Sunnydaz
on 7/3/12 10:04 am
I'm having the hardest time right now.  I'm hungry all the time...now I know that part of it is stress related and I'm working on drinking when I feel that way, BUT!!! lol  I feel like I'm going down hill.  I would love some advice from anyone that has been there.  Please tell me what you did to get back on track and feeling in control.  I'm a little over 3 months post-op and haven't really had a hard time with many foods.

Orientation: Oct. 5/11     NP: Nov. 16/11     SW: Nov. 16/11
NC: Nov. 23/11     N-1on1: Jan. 6/12     PSYC: Jan. 6/12
Surgeon:  Feb. 24/12     Surgery:  March 20/12

the44plan
on 7/3/12 12:17 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
sorry I dont have a lot of advice for you, but you must keep focused and dont give up!!.   A suggestion.. try eating more protien in you diet.. that may hold you longer. 
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/12 12:21 pm - Straford, Canada
 Like Tammie, no magic bullet, stiff upper lip, more protein, maybe try some different protein powders for some new smoothie tastes and ramping up the protein?  Stay strong!  Ian   
avivaps
on 7/3/12 7:42 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 Here are some ideas I've read on this forum:
1) eat dense proteins to keep u full longer
2) make sure u don't drink with meals
3) try 6 small meals a day rather than 3 bigger ones
4) if stress related, try addressing coping skills (take up knitting,see a therapist, join a support group, go for a walk, keep a list of activities to do when the feeling hits)
5) find a buddy you can call when the urge is strong
6) ensure you are eating sufficient calories and not starving yourself!

Im sure some vets can give some better advice. Hope u find something that works for u. 

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

nata
on 7/4/12 2:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
If I remember correctly, at this point  I used to have two things handy - chicken and SF jello.
I used to buy a whole Rotissery chicken at a supermarket, cube the meat (if you've got RnY, remove skin and fat) and pack in small sandwich bags (freeze). it was my snack for any moment I felt like stuffing my face with food. After 7pm, I abused SF jello (used to down 5-6 cups every night).

Please, don't snack with "healthy" crackers, milk, fruit juice  and sweetened yogurt. All these are traditionally advertised as the healthy snaks. Not for us. fill on dense protein, not liquid sugars.
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
flyingwoman
on 7/4/12 2:23 am
Ever consider meditation? There are a lot of free guided meditations avail online on yourube and itunes podcasts
cherry jam m
on 7/4/12 3:23 am - Canada
This has been my story. I am also 3 months out and hungry all the time. I thought it was because i had the sleeve. To top it off I loose once a month,up to ten pounds then i stall and fluctuate till the next month sometimes gaining uo to 7lbs of weight lost then i will gradually loose it all in time for the next weight loss cycle. I can telll you that it is so frustrating especially when you see others loosing steadily. I tend to get really discouraged during the stalling and fluctuation because there is nothing I do that makes it to change. Its just the way i lose.
ruth63
on 7/4/12 7:43 am - aurora, Canada
Can I suggest you go back to the clinic you had your surgury at and speak to the  social worker .  Perhaps you need some counselling now to assist you.  As much as this forum is very helpful sometimes you need professional assistance.  None of us got this heavy without having issues and thats when I think its helpful to speak to someone who is trained to assist.
All the other suggestions about food are all really good but sometimes its what is behind is what needs to be addressed.
Good luck