Appealing Denial from OHIP - Pannilectomy

Mary A.
on 7/5/12 1:32 am
well I did it I bit the bullet and checked the box to have my "Hearing" in person.

That means that I may possibly have to travel to Toronto where the majority of the appeals are heard and that`s fine..my thinking was that if I present in person...they see that there is an actual person attached to the file, not just a name or a voice over the phone.

for those that don`t know I had a PS consult in Sept 2011 in Scarborough...and I found out in Feb 2012 that I was denied based on OHIP `stated my surgery was `borderline

If anyone in the future gets denied..I would be happy to help them with the next steps if they decide to go through with Appealing to the Health Services and Appeal Board.

what I will tell all of you, is that if you have discomfort, rashes, swelling anything between the folds..make SURE that you seek medical treatment and have it documented by your doctor...there are (3) criteria in the Health Act that supports this surgery to be a necessity and that is one of them.

if anyone would like to know where the infromaiton for OHIP coverage can be found  please private message me, it`s NOT the easiest thing to find|!

Thank you

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

flyingwoman
on 7/5/12 1:37 am
 Hiya...

What are the three criteria?

Is it enough to have discussed it with doctor/dermatologist and received prescriptions, or do they have to actually examine the rashes/whatever while in outbreak?

Please let us know how the process goes for you... 

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Brenda T.
on 7/5/12 2:00 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I hope all turns out well for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/5/12 2:08 am
Well if you are there in person I guess you can show them your "criteria".

the44plan
on 7/5/12 9:30 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
wishing you a successful meeting !!  hope everything goes your way.
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Blu-Diva
on 7/5/12 11:45 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Best wishes

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

cheeky_monkey
on 7/8/12 2:50 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada
Why not just post here what the three criteria are, and the link on the OHIP webpage for the information?
Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics