Plastic Surgeon

alexforest
on 7/29/12 12:40 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone!!

haven't been back on here for such a long time.. hope everyone is doing great!!!!!... i am now 35lbs away from my goal weight, and not for one moment do i regret having this surgery done, i continue to socialize and travel and having this surgery does not interfere with any of that, i have learned less is best,, now that i'm close to my goal i am looking for a great plastic surgeon,, hoping my tummy will be covered by ohip as i've heard if you have more than one c section you would qualify.. and i need my arms done.. not sure if ohip will cover that.. so any info you all have please pass along to me.. and if you know any great plastic surgeons in the Toronto area please let me know,, i  see my doctor tomorrow and hoping she will be able to send in a referral.. thanks.. and again.. i hope you are all still losers!!!! lol hugs
sam1am
on 7/29/12 10:19 pm
Congratulations on your progress and being able to live like normal!  That's what we all strive for!  I've never heard that OHIP grants a panni to those with more than one section, if so I would qualify even though I don't have much to get rid of, but smoothing it out would always be nice!  As far as I know your panni has to hang down a certain amount and or if you have documented repeated rashes or similar problems.  I don't believe that under any cir****tances that arms are ever covered unfortunately.

Best wishes!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica M.
on 7/29/12 11:10 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I think that you need to be at a stable weight for a year before they'll do plastics. I think its best to wait for that.

also with regard to OHIP, they do not cover arms, and will cover a panni if you meet the criteria of the panni hanging down past your goodies, or frequent rashes.

Dr. Nan in scarborough is someone people have talked about (that's not his full name, its something like nandogopal, but i'm not sure of the spelling)

Starr_Fish
on 7/30/12 5:16 am
I like that one Monica...goodies....that is a far better way to say it than I would have said it.
Monica M.
on 7/30/12 5:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's one of my better euphemisms. lol

Mary A.
on 8/1/12 1:00 am
On July 30, 2012 at 6:10 AM Pacific Time, Monica M. wrote:
I think that you need to be at a stable weight for a year before they'll do plastics. I think its best to wait for that.

also with regard to OHIP, they do not cover arms, and will cover a panni if you meet the criteria of the panni hanging down past your goodies, or frequent rashes.

Dr. Nan in scarborough is someone people have talked about (that's not his full name, its something like nandogopal, but i'm not sure of the spelling)

you are correct on almost all accounts one year of maintenence for your weight loss is liste din teh guideline

.....for a panni removal...since I am in the process of going before the The Health Services Appeal and Review Board for the denial of my panni removal.  I would suggest that people find the Ontario Health Insurance Act - Appendix  D (16) and read it exactly word for word. 

My plastic surgeon did write on my submission that I have had reoccuring rashes and that my pannus is overhung over the public area (whi*****lude pictures)..yes it does..and I was denied with the simple words from OHIP.

"borderline"..    and that simple word took OHIP....almost 5 months to provide.

Therefore,I have taken the plunge included my deputation and am willing to travel to Toronto if necessary to have my case heard.

(my bit of advice..if you have reoccuring rashes/infections/splitting of skin etc etc

, do NOT treat them yourself, go to your GP and have them documented (each and every time)..if you have that paperwork, it helps benefit your cause.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

ShallowGirl
on 8/1/12 12:05 pm, edited 8/1/12 12:06 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
@ Mary, I think you mean 'pubic' area, not 'public' area... 

Your post is full of good advice on this topic. Also, if you can get an approved PANNI, your surgeon can piggy back other procedures on top for cheaper. Thanks for providing the code section.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics