HRRH Optifast Question?

binaakwe
on 7/30/12 9:45 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Hi folks.

Um....I am day 7 of 21 days of Optifast and I know that I am allowed a small portion of green vegetables but I can't find any mention of this fact in my notes or their handouts.  Which vegetables are we allowed and how much?

Doing much better now.  Day 3 was the worst.  I was very afraid I was going to quit.  But I didn't and it got easier.  I have lost a bit of weight which has been a pleasant surprise as well.

Thanks for any and all help.  Have a great day!

- Bin

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 9:52 am - Toronto, ON
Hey u can have broccoli, cucumber, green peppers, lettuce, celery. I'm on day 7 as well but only for 14 thank god. I'm starving even with my 2 cups of veggies. I'm cranky and irritable. Lol no energy and I'm always tired. But I'm half way there. My surgery is August 8. 
JJ_
on 7/30/12 10:32 am
Hey Bin,

Congrats on getting day 7 done.  You are doing great.  Congrats on the weight loss to date.

Judy
sam1am
on 7/30/12 10:34 am
Congratutions on getting to day 7!  2-4 were the hardest for me!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Penny J.
on 7/30/12 10:47 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
Hi there,

Make three of those veggies into a soup.  Pepper, celery and broccoli with low sodium broth and clubhouse seasonings.... yum and a nice change-up from the sweet.  Enjoy!
gardeninggal
on 7/30/12 10:50 am - Midland, Canada
 Yeah for you that you kept on with the Opti....keep the prize in sight (your waistline shrinking).  From

all the posts here each surgeon varies so it might be a thought to call your centre or dietician and ask what you are allowed.  Good for you to post with your news.  Best wishes 

Nancy

hockeymom17
on 7/30/12 11:07 am
Keep it up Bin your doing great,,,, try some broth, put the vegis in it to make a little soup.....keep going the next 2 weeks will get easier and easier....
Krista
Peggy F.
on 7/30/12 10:39 pm - Whitby, Canada
Morning Bin,

Hope today is a better day on opti.

Everyone answered your questions.  The only thing I would add is drink lots of water.  I'm also going through HRRH and have surgery on Sept. 21, 3 weeks of opti for me too....not looking forward to it.

OT
Do you mind me asking you the meaning of your name?  I think I might know....let's see if I am.

Peggy
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 3:54 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Great job, good luck on your surgery
Monica M.
on 7/31/12 4:51 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you've received your answer, so i won't repeat, just wanted to say how well you're doing! Keep it up, friend!