super nauseated on opti-fast...

truckingbride
on 8/22/12 11:13 am - Harriston , Canada
Anyone else? Nausea comes in large waves and stays around most of the day, I am getting in all my water and tea and broth and feeling like a bag of crap to say the least the nausea is the worst. Started immediatley after my 1st shake 7 days ago.
It is going to be another long 7 days.

cayleighsmom
on 8/22/12 11:27 am
RNY on 06/05/12
Hang in there!! you're half way threw it. try a decaf peppermint tea, it may sooth your tummy.Been thinking of you. Make sure the hubby sends me a message next week and let's me know how you made out.
talk to you soon
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/12 11:58 am - Straford, Canada
 wish I could help!  I had no problem with optifast (got bored of it but no physical reactions).  Sorry.  Regards, Ian
dna
on 8/22/12 12:47 pm - Canada
I get super nauseous off the vanilla.  Are you drinking both kinds or just one ?

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

truckingbride
on 8/22/12 1:28 pm - Harriston , Canada
Just chocolate. I returned my vanilla I didnt like it at all.

dna
on 8/22/12 1:42 pm - Canada
Are you adding anything to it ?

I can choke down a vanilla if I replace the water with a decaf coffee but if I put any extra artificial sweetner in it it's a no go.

I don't add anything to the chocolate, just 400 mls of water and 4-5 ice cubes. 

What about Gravol for the nausea or a Ginger Tea ?  The Peppermint Tea is a good idea too.  There is also Peppermint extract you could put in the chocolate for a chocolate mint flavour.  Might help.

7 more to go.  You are 1/2 way there :)  You can do this !
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/12 8:02 pm - Canada
im sorry your not having a good run with the optifast. I am on day 6 now and i love the optifast. Wish everyone experienced it as well as me.
Most Active
Recent Topics