Serioulsy I thought I was potty trained.

truckingbride
on 9/2/12 11:45 am - Harriston , Canada
OK here's the short of the long story. Im 4 days out and I cant make it to the toilet. I have liquid stools that are completly unpredictable and frequent. Im through Guelph so Im on clear fluids for 2 weeks. My hubby is 3 yr our RNY with Guelph and he said he never had this problem. It doesnt smell like c-diff. I think everything else is fine except I keep having to 'go' everytime I make it outside to for exercise so Im down stairs on the treadmill.
any food for though. Im not cheating, of course. and except for day  1 and 2 i am getting mostly all of my fluids in.
I would guess dumping, but what could ibe dumping? drinking slow enough not to be dumping.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/12 12:24 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Liquid in makes liquid out.  Lots of people on liquid diets have frequen****ery stools.  You could add some metamucil to your drinks so they absorb the excess liquid in your bowel.
strangegrrl
on 9/2/12 1:33 pm
 I am 10 days out and STILL have this problem. Although everyone else that has had this surgery around me had the opposite problem. It's not fun. I don't think this is dumping as dumping I'm told is painful. I think once we start to eat more soft foods then more solid foods this will stop. At my one week follow up my nurse told me that if I am getting all my fluids in then it would be safe and a good idea to start taking some benefiber. The diet that we have now certainly doesn't have a lot of fiber in it to make our stool very solid. Hang in there! 
Lorieliz
on 9/2/12 1:37 pm - Canada
Also, try really hard not to sneeze.. (lesson learned the hard way)

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

ShallowGirl
on 9/2/12 3:34 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/12 3:12 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I called Audrey about this she said its fine and Normal and they will go to a pale beige and that's good too... I would not add Metamucil until you call the clinic on tuesday 
ShallowGirl
on 9/2/12 8:38 am, edited 9/2/12 8:55 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Add fiber to your diet.

I bust a gut laughing at Lorieliz's post! Good thing I have the opposite problem to you !

In the meantime, a pad or depends until you can up your diet to include fiber.

I'm guessing the clinic will tell you to add Metamucil, but better get it from the experts.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

GirlSassy
on 9/2/12 4:18 pm - Kingston, Canada
You know what C-diff SMELLS like?
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/12 4:44 pm - Straford, Canada
truckingbride
on 9/2/12 4:41 pm - Harriston , Canada
ahah yes I know very well what c-diff smells like, once you smell it you almost cant forget it, one of many occupational hazards.

Most Active
Recent Topics