I have Pain Center of Rib Cage is this normal??

Heidi S.
on 9/5/12 8:00 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 The pain started about 45 minutes ago ... it's a sharp pain ... before it started my new pouch had a burning sensation then the pain came. I'm one week out of surgery. Is this normal?

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ShallowGirl
on 9/5/12 8:16 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Have you ever had GERD (acid reflux)?
Take a prevacid and see what happens.

Any blood? / vomitting?

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Heidi S.
on 9/5/12 8:19 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 I have GERD and on Prevacid Fastab .... no blood or vomitting .... I was looking the the net at other bariatric sites and it could be gas.... if I have it tomorrow I will call my surgeon as Dr's here no nothing about bariatric surgery

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

P_Floyd
on 9/5/12 8:26 pm - Canada

You've got it right. Probably gas, could be you ate too fast or drank a little too much at once. That little pouch is good at letting you know all about even the slightest mistakes. ;)

Sip water, not something else, and change your sitting position. Also take care not to eat too fast. You really have to take it slow. 

I've had pains now and again but they pass.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

ShallowGirl
on 9/5/12 8:51 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I take gas medicine, you could too, generically it's SIMETHECON as the active ingredient.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

tbtilalaf
on 9/5/12 11:21 pm, edited 9/5/12 11:21 pm
Give it a few hours and if it doesn't at least get a little better, and it's still pretty bad I would give the Bariactric cliniqe nurse a call.  Don't chance it, they will know if it is a serious problem or not. 

The is a case at the Guelph centre where a patient (female age 34) about 4 months out had severe pain and didn't call them about it.  Well she didn't make it.  I don't want to scare you but I also don't want anything to happen to you, I tell everyone with moderate pain to call just to be safe. Call them if it doesn't get any better within a few hours. Please. It may be nothing BUT it also may be something.
that is what they are there for....

I do hope you feel better really soon!

Melissa!

PS: Oh and if it is gas, walking (not too much, don't over do it a week out) will help get it out too. (worked for me!)

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Most Active
Recent Topics