Looking for Ottawa Support group

northernblueyes
on 9/18/12 4:49 am - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Good Morning

I am new to this site and was wondering if there is a support group that actually meets in person in the Ottawa area?
My referral was sent out April 2012, Orientation session was May 18, 2012. Appointment with the Nurse is scheduled for October 9th, 2012.

I joined this site in order to find support to build some type of buddy system with others who are going through the same thing or have already.

Any information is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Suzanne

sexybeaches_1
on 9/18/12 7:07 am - Canada
Search Bytown Benchers. The group meets once a month at the Bronson Centre. I had my surgery Sept 14th and plan on going to the next meeting in Oct
Sher1ock
on 9/18/12 4:48 pm - Canada
Hi! There is the Bytown Benchers group that next meets on Oct 3. Check out my post on Sept 10 that reports back to members on our last meeting which was a special meeting where we reiewed how we run the group. It also has some details about the October meeting.

A reminder about that meeting will be posted about a week before it happens. I hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Once a month, there is a coffee meeting that is run by a woman named Heidi. They meet at the Starbucks at Hunt Club and Merivale.

Sherlock

northernblueyes
on 9/18/12 8:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Thank you so much for the reply Sherlock
I am fairly new to Ottawa and haven't really made any friends yet, this I believe would be a great way to meet people who are and or have gone through this journey. 

If any of you would like to "friend" me in here so we can talk I would love that.

Suzanne