info I thought I was getting about plastics... 2yr follow up

Leanne1
on 9/19/12 5:36 am - Newmarket, Canada
 When I went for my 2yr follow up, I was expecting to hear something about Plastic surgery being added in with WLS, this is what my Surgeon said they were working on. 

Well, he was not there on Monday and no one else seemed to know what I was talking about. 

So, maybe it is not happening at this point or maybe it is something being talked about- behind the scenes.

As for my 2yr follow-up appts, everyone is quite pleased with my maintainence and success so far :D
I also got to meet a fellow OHer, Sandy!!! :D it was awesome to meet her!!  
Nathalie_Can
on 9/19/12 5:44 am
Good job on maintaining...must be a different challenge then the actual weight loss.  I can't wait to experience that next step.

If I were you, I would check up on what's going on with the PS, maybe call and try to ask them to check into, that the Dr was suppose to give you an update on that but no news and you want answers...maybe that could work?  I would not let go on this, if its something you really want!

All the best to you and congrats again on your success!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

kellybelly333
on 9/19/12 6:06 am - Toronto, Canada
Oh boo for no info. When did you talk to your surgeron previously about this? And who did you see instead?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 9/19/12 6:11 am - Newmarket, Canada
I talked to him last year

Monday, I saw the nusre, Jairo, Lorraine and the psych Lady
kellybelly333
on 9/19/12 7:49 am - Toronto, Canada
Psych lady said to me, "Oh, you're seeing Dr. Hawa already. You don't need me then." wasted trip sigh. And Jairo wasn't there when I went and the scheduling dude said, "it's really not that necessary to go. You can reschedule....if you want." I get more value from the nurse and NUT appointments really. I see a shrink, stop scheduling me for other head people!! LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

DebbieML
on 9/19/12 6:26 am - Gloucester, Canada
I was told at my surgery class last month that it will likely be about two more years before that comes into effect.
Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

ToNewBeginnings
on 9/19/12 7:22 am
Hi Leanne, glad you are doing well.
I just made a new post on your plastics comment. The thought of it got me so excited!

Nice Pic!!

Mary A.
on 9/19/12 9:29 am
I am currently waiting for my case to be heard by the Appeals Board..so I wouldn't HOLD MY BREATH for any type of plastics to be thrown in any time soon.

..keep in mind there are no$$ for raises for doctors/nurses and a lot of crucial services so it's highly unlikely they will grant $$ for skin removal...JMO

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Leanne1
on 9/19/12 9:33 am - Newmarket, Canada
 yep, I'm not holding my breath either

I have already been to a PS, got a quote
First and foremost, I'm saving for my wedding, then I will worry about plastics :) 
Mary A.
on 9/19/12 9:47 am
On September 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM Pacific Time, Leanne1 wrote:
 yep, I'm not holding my breath either

I have already been to a PS, got a quote
First and foremost, I'm saving for my wedding, then I will worry about plastics :) 
sound slike you have your priorities right on track...wow a wedding so cool....

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics