Hello..

mamax5
on 9/22/12 8:57 am
well, surgery was yesterday and so far so good :) 

I'm up walking, peeing and sipping my juice/water/jello

my only complaint so far is being in  a ward room when i request a semi private (and there are 3 semi beds available but each room has  a man in it.. like really?? you cant move one of them to open a room?? grrr..)

My ward roommates are great during the day and HORRIBLE at night.. i have one who keeps her light on (not so bad) the other who makes sex noises all night.. i swear she got off a few times... yuck.. and the older lady beside me is a whimperer, moaner, talker and yes.. even a screamer.. she must've screamed about 40 times in her sleep.. The nurse thinks she had a really bad life... and i do feel for her, but i kinda want my sleep and rest too.

so.. thats it for now..
I'm guessing im on the bench now?? :) 
Peggy V.
on 9/22/12 9:22 am - Azilda Ont, Canada
 Oh that doesn't sound too good. How long do you think you'll be staying in?  maybe try talking to the doctor and see if he can move some men around for ya.  Hope all continues to go well surgery wise speedy recovery to ya. 
Jason W.
on 9/22/12 10:05 am - Canada
Wish I had a female roomate that was making sex noises...................

All I had was an older gentleman who could of used a cpap machine...................
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 3:58 am, edited 9/22/12 3:58 am - Straford, Canada
 Be careful what you wish for.  I was in a ward room the first night, not so bad (no sex noises for sure), then they moved me to a semi private!  I was in heaven until about 7:00PM when they rolled in my roomie, and Aussie who just had a major colorectal procedure and was in pain when he arrived, but OMG by 10-11 he was screaming bloody blue murder and was so every few hours, his pain pump only allowed for a tiny supplimentation of pain meds and that was not working well.  They rolled him back to surgery about 8:00 AM the next morning and I was discharged an hour and a half later.  I would have moved back to the ward room in a second!  

Heal well! 
mermaidz
on 9/22/12 11:57 am - Brampton, Canada
Welcome to the bench!!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Laura H.
on 9/22/12 12:05 pm - Canada
 I can empathize with you.  I had a similar room mate to your older lady.  Mine talked/yelled 24 7.  Heal well and welcome to the bench!

Laura H.

JJ_
on 9/22/12 2:49 pm
Ahhh the joys of ear plugs!  An essential tool in your hospital bag.  When I put mine in, the only thing I heard was my own breathing.

Welcome to the bench.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 4:14 pm - Guelph, Canada
Welcome to the bench...

as for the roomies... I would quite simply say to the doctor.. You have one of two choices... 1) move the men around.... Or 2) get the paperwork ready I'm leaving AMA... .. But I'm not a nice person so don't follow my advice..lol... I need my sleep or someone's gonna get hurt real bad... Ask hubby when his snoring is bad 
P_Floyd
on 9/22/12 10:58 pm - Canada
 I spent one night in a semi private room with a junkie just down the hall going through detox. No ear plugs. They let me loose the next morning or I would have walked. Lesson learned, never go to the hospital without hearing protection again!

Welcome to the bench. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

ShallowGirl
on 9/23/12 9:17 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Yeah, I had ear plugs and a mask for my eyes, and I asked for gravol at night (sleepy time).

The worst was the *cough* food, which I wouldn't have fed a dog.

I was so happy to get out.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics