Went to the Movies yesterday

Monica9811
on 9/23/12 7:23 am - Peterborough, Canada
I love going to the show but I also love eating their popcorn!  I can proudly say that I didn't have one piece of popcorn!  We saw 2 movies and I sipped on a diet pepsi that I had brought with me and in between shows I ate a cheesestring that I had brought with me.  It doesn't sound like much but people think that they have to totally quit doing fun things and stay at home all of the time but you don't.  You just have to make tough choices and stick to it.  In the last 2 weeks my husband and I have given up fast food, alcohol (for the most part-had 2 wine on Friday night and 3 beer on Wednesday), I am doing protein shakes and eating very healthy meals with lots of veggies and also good snack and fruit choices.  My water intake is way up and I am down 13lbs now and he is down 24 (I know it ****** me off too).  We are both totally committed to this WLS and want to be as healthy as ever before we have our surgery hopefully in February sometime.  Onward and downward!!  Oh and btw the nazi nutritionist thought I should be making more changes...really?  It is a work in progress-next goal is to give up the one diet coke I have a day.
Arlio1207
on 9/23/12 7:52 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 good for you Monica !!!! I love movie popcorn, and diet pepsi is my fav. The thing I will miss most wont be sweets or candy, but my diet pepsi. that and ice cream......but i guess losing 100 lbs is soooooooo worth giving up the diet pepsi and ice cream. If someone told me to give it up now and I would lose 100lbs , I wont touch it for the rest of my life......

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Monica9811
on 9/23/12 8:17 am - Peterborough, Canada
Thanks Arlene!  I enjoy my one diet coke a day because I have never drank coffee or tea so it was kinda my cafeine fix at lunch-I don't need it because often on weekends I don't even have one but I do enjoy it when I do.  You are right anything is worth giving up if it means we will lose the weight and keep it off!! 
ShallowGirl
on 9/23/12 1:47 am, edited 9/23/12 1:48 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I went back to diet pepsi/coke. It lasts a long time now, because with the bubbles it's one sip at a time but a real treat.

Also, popcorn was one of first foods I could keep down, but movie popcorn (delicious!) is really bad for you (high fat) so better to abstain.

Good work! Men !

PS what movie did you see?

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Monica9811
on 9/23/12 12:18 pm - Peterborough, Canada
I saw Trouble with the Curve-Clint Eastwood-I enjoyed it.  He plays a crusty man very well lol.
sam1am
on 9/23/12 2:13 pm
Good job Monica!  You are starting good and early to make better choices and its wonderful that you and hubby are doing it together!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica9811
on 9/23/12 2:58 pm - Peterborough, Canada
I am still trying to upload a pic and it keeps saying it is too large-I had someone save a small avatar for me at 19,000 bytes and still too big!  So frustrating!

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 3:49 am - Canada
I can only partially congratulate you to your wonderful Friday evening due to the fact I don't understand why everybody think's that a switch to a Pepsi Light (or Coca Cola or any other soda beverage in that matter) is so helpful.

I tried "Light" beverages for a month or so, but I didn't see any change. I switched to a regular mineral water and my scale showed a great progress like only in two weeks.

Even beer is better (of course if you do not binge or eat a lot with it) than light sodas thanks to the B vitamins and other minerals that help your digestion.

I'm sorry to reveal this hurtful truth - but unfortunately nothing that tastes good (I am sodas, snacks) is truly good for you. Learn to enjoy fruites, different brands of mineral water and fresh seeds and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Monica M.
on 9/24/12 6:19 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!

flyingwoman
on 9/24/12 6:27 am
Good for you! Many people coast their way to surgery, but you have it right... the lighter you can be before surgery the better your odds of a safe surgery!

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics