client of mine share info

crstalww
on 10/5/12 2:15 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
I was doing an Intake for a new client. She told me that in May 2012 her neice had oast away. She stated that she had Gastic bypass two years ago and that her bowls exploded and she died two years after bypass surgery. I was thinking in my mind. WOW this is all I needed to hear at this very moment in the begining of my journey. Just wow. So once again I am freaked out. Starting to relax more but it was weird timing. I have never heard any of my many clients or new clients over the last 3 years at my job talk about gastric bypass . Now all of a sudden this. Wow is all I can say. Is this a sign who knows, is it just more informatin always welcome in this big choice. No this has not made me second guess myself I am possitive I want to contiue and need to to live.

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

onehotmom
on 10/5/12 2:46 am
A friend of mine whom I looked up too and had had the RNY 2-3 years prior to me and was a great friend to talk to and discuss the urgery passed a way the same day that I got the call to meet the surgeon. I had the same feelings as you.... is this a sign. There were rumors, that she had a leak since her surgery etc. ets. etc. As it turns out she had symptoms of a twisted bowel that she did not address. Passed off and never saught help. People around me said horrible things about the surgery.. all the typical 'why would she have the surgery in the first place'.. 'she should just diet'..etc. Them not knowing that I was already in the process and just a couple of months from surgery.
I guess what I took from all of this is that you need to be aware. We have had major surgery. We do need to keep on top of things, follow up as required, get checked and be AWARE! And most importantly remember we ARE ALL DIFFERENT! THere are dangers involved in all surgeries, that is the risk but because one person I knew passed a way as a result of the surgery there are probably 100 I knoe that are doing just fine.... like me!
A.    
crstalww
on 10/5/12 2:49 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Thank you ONE HOT MOM

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Monica M.
on 10/5/12 2:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
when i was almost a year out, a friend of mine from work passed away, she also had WLS, about a year prior to mine. She had been having symptoms of bowel obstruction, but her doctors were not taking it seriously.

This may be a message, but its one to take yourself, and your body seriously. Learn what your body is saying to you. Demand appropriate emergency care, when you think you need it. Learn what the symptoms of bowel obstruction (not bowels exploding), and take them seriously.

thunderhand
on 10/5/12 11:39 pm - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
And here you go

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/bowel-obstruction-topic-overview
Most Active
Recent Topics