Met with NP today!

northernblueyes
on 10/9/12 10:34 am - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
\
Met with my NP today in Ottawa, also did all my blood work.
Scope, sleep study and Pulmonary Function Test( due to my chronic asthma) being scheduled as well

SW,NUT scheduled for December 6th.

I am thrilled to be moving along with this journey, feels like a huge weight has been lifted(no pun intended).

Looking forward to my next appointments.

ref sent for wls april 2012, orientation may 18th, 2012, NP October 9th, SW & DIET. december 6th.

gardeninggal
on 10/9/12 10:58 am - Midland, Canada
 Great news for you and hope things progress quickly.  

northernblueyes
on 10/9/12 11:09 am - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Thank You gardengal !
I guess time lines are all dependant on what centre you are out of.
I secretely wi**** was faster, however I am content with it's progression so far!

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 11:14 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Glad things are on the move for you. It will happen sooner than you think.
JJ_
on 10/9/12 3:51 pm
Woohoo NBE!  I had surgery in Ottawa last December and I remember watching others move quickly through the process.  It can be frustrating at times, however, I know that the extra time on OH gave me time to learn different things and be prepared.

Not once did I ask about stalls....why, because others did already and I knew it was a natural part of the process.

Good luck in December.

Judy
northernblueyes
on 10/9/12 9:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Thanks JJ_

I think it's moving along, and I am for sure not complaining.
Of course things could always be better, but I know darn well they could also be worse and slower.
I will take what has been given.
I do spend alot of time on this forum reading. I told my NP yesterday that I got alot of support and alot of helpful information from this site and she actually agreed that this was a good site

Mom_of_Mack
on 10/10/12 12:56 am - Arnprior, Canada
That is awesome.  I am about 5 months behind you in the process.  I attended my Ottawa orientation on Sept. 7th and based on your timelines I think my next appointment will be in January or February.  Good luck with your appointments :)

Cheers,
K
northernblueyes
on 10/10/12 4:09 am - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
M.o.M

Thank you, perhaps one day we will meet up at one of our appointments!
I am new to the area, originally from northern Ontario, so meeting new people is important for me, especially during this journey. 

Wish you the best of luck !